While traditional coating is very thin and feels flat, Sunrise's spot coating process creates five amazing effects.
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) September 11, 2015
Traditional UV coating can be applied to the whole page or just to certain areas, which is a process commonly referred to as “spot” UV coating, also known as spot varnish, selective coating, or strike coating. UV coating is used to enhance the look of a printed image and protects the piece with a layer of scuff resistance (https://www.sunrisehitek.com/page/welcome). While traditional coating is very thin and feels flat, Sunrise's spot coating process creates five amazing effects:
- Matte Coating – Matte level can be adjusted in artwork by using different shades of gray
- High Gloss Coating – Highlights certain areas of the image to attract the viewer's attention
- Low Raised Texture – Adds texture to any flat image. Examples include the dimples on a basketball, orange peel effect, lizard skin, etc. It is available in high-gloss only.
- High Dome Texture – Raising the texture up to 1mm high, the coated areas have a distinctive dome feel with maximum visual effect.
- FLOAT 3D – This exclusive technique creates a 3-dimensional look using a flat piece of acrylic. The image looks like it is "floating" up to 4" in front of a background, focusing the viewer's attention.
Coating can be applied to a wide variety of substrates, including cardboard, corrugated packaging, liquor boxes, acrylic panels, and other materials up to 2" thick. Also, coating can be applied on materials up to 60"x120".
About Sunrise Hitek Group, LLC.
Sunrise Hitek https://www.sunrisehitek.com/ is an Inc. 5000 company established in 1988 and employs the most advanced equipment and technology, such as G7-certified HP Indigo and UV flatbed presses, laser engraving, and digital die-cutting, to create best-in-class color printing, short-run packaging, P.O.P. retail displays, and signage products. A privately-owned enterprise, the company is based in Chicago and sells products worldwide.