Lafayette Art and Wine Festival is consistently voted Best Street Festival of the East Bay.
Lafayette, California (PRWEB) September 08, 2015
The annual Lafayette Art & Wine Festival, now in its 20th year, is thriving as a growing regional event. It attracts nearly four-times the town’s 24,000-resident population during the Festival weekend each September and is consistently voted by readers of Diablo Magazine as, “Best of the East Bay.”
The 2015 Lafayette Art & Wine Festival will be held on Saturday, September 19 (10am-7pm) and Sunday, September 20 (10am-6pm) in Lafayette, CA.
Here are 9 top reasons why Lafayette Art & Wine Festival is the East Bay’s best end of summer party:
1. Location: The Festival is held in the heart of beautiful downtown Lafayette, just steps from the Lafayette BART station, near bike trails (complimentary valet bike parking provided), 2 blocks off Hwy 24, and an easy walk/shuttle from complimentary Festival parking.
2. Continuous Music & Dancing – with no cover charge: 2 Days. 4 Stages. Room to dance to familiar tunes played by 21 of the Bay Area’s best headliner cover bands. The 2015 line-up is particularly strong and includes The Sun Kings, Foreverland, Stu Allen & Mars Hotel, David Martin’s House Party, Aja Vu, Stealin’ Chicago, ZEBOP!, The Spazmatics, Juice, The Big Jangle, East Bay Mudd, Bay Bridge Beat, David Crimmen, Echo Trail, Other People’s Money, Evolution, Bob Athayde & Friends, Spinout, and more.
View the 2015 Lafayette Art & Wine Festival entertainment schedule at http://www.lafayettefestival.com/music
New for 2015: To help celebrate the Festival’s 20th anniversary, Whole Foods is sponsoring family-friendly activities at the Premium Wine Area from 10am to noon both Saturday and Sunday. A “sock hop” follows from noon to 1:30pm, with live '50s music provided by Spinout on Saturday and Dave Crimmen on Sunday.
3. Unique Wine & Beer Offerings at The Party Within The Party: Popular wines, beers and ales are served throughout the Festival footprint, but the real action for connoisseurs happens in the Premium Wine & Craft Beer Pavilion, where there are selections of high-end wines and craft beer that most people never get a chance to taste, including wines from the backyard vineyards of Lamorinda Wine Growers Association members.
4. Delicious Food: Choice is everywhere, including Lafayette's restaurant row fare. More than 25 of Lafayette’s top restaurants are in the Festival’s footprint, plus there are dozens of other food vendors and Food Trucks that offer everything from hickory smoked pulled pork tacos to crab cakes.
5. Original Fine Arts & Crafts: People from all over the Bay Area come to shop at the Festival's 260+ local and regional artists' booths, including the “Local Artists Alley,” which showcases Lafayette, Moraga, and Orinda fine artists, who are members of the Lafayette Gallery and Lamorinda Arts Alliance.
7. Family & Dog Friendly: People move to Lafayette for the family friendly lifestyle, so it’s no surprise that this is a family friendly festival, starting with a large KidZone and Kids' Stage. There is also plenty for family dogs to see and smell, as well as easy access to Festival water bowls.
8. Budget Friendly: This event is a fundraiser that supports the Lafayette Chamber’s many programs, Lafayette Partners in Education (“LPIE”), and other local non-profits, but attendees don't have to spend. The Festival Experience offers many things that are free -- admission (including access to music stages), parking, easy shuttle service from Festival Parking, and secure bike valet.
9. Extend the Family Fun - New for 2015: The Lafayette Police Department is hosting a new Police Motorcycle Competition in the South BART parking lot during Festival weekend. Free to attend, the event offers individual and team motorcycle events to watch both Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 5pm.
For complete Lafayette Art & Wine Festival details, go to http://www.lafayettefestival.com.
About The Lafayette Art & Wine Festival Organizers and Sponsors
1. The Lafayette Art & Wine Festival is an annual event that promotes Lafayette’s Downtown and raises money for local education, the Lafayette Chamber of Commerce and other local non-profit organizations.
2. The event is produced by the Lafayette Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with the City of Lafayette and Eckerstrom Productions.
3. The 2015 Festival Sponsors include Sungevity, Xfinity, BMW Concord, La Fiesta Square, Yelp, NBC Bay Area, Alta Bates Summit Medical Center, Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa, MinuteMan Press Lafayette, Diablo Foods, Bank of the West, Chevron, Lamorinda Music, Bay Alarm, Diablo Rapid Print, Leap Frog Plumbing, C&M Party Props, Special Events, Whole Foods, Wine Thieves, BART, Goose Island Beer Co., Diablo Magazine, Lamorinda Weekly, Red House Studios, Republic Services, Lamorinda Web, Douglas Parking, AMR, Central Self Storage, Lucas Paving, EBMUD, Lamorinda CERT, Rotary Club of Lafayette, Lamorinda Sunrise Rotary Club, Lamorinda Theatre Academy, 92.1 KKDV, The Cooperage American Grille, Dino Riggio & Associates, Cobain Orthodontics, Lindsay Olives, Stella Artois, Backyard Carnivals, Hero, and Oakwood Athletic Club.
Special appreciation goes out to Lafayette Chamber’s Premier Members: Diablo Foods, Oakwood Athletic Club, Douglah Designs, Inc, Mechanics Bank, and Wells Fargo.