Solomon’s Olefin Study can assist with targeted performance improvement efforts to ensure companies are making sustainable improvements that return increased profit for many years to come.
Dallas, TX (PRWEB) September 08, 2015
HSB Solomon Associates LLC, (Solomon), the leading performance improvement company for the global energy industry, announced the launch of its Worldwide Olefin Plant Performance Analysis (Olefin Study) for operating year 2015. The study gives participating chemical manufacturers insight into their plant’s overall efficiency, identifies performance gaps, and provides information needed to make targeted improvements to their performance.
The study provides both macro and micro views of plant performance. In a time of widely varying regional feedstock economics, the Olefin Study shows chemical manufacturers how feedstock selections, product mix, and plant utilization are changing around the world. For a micro view, the study measures individual plant performance to rank plants globally, regionally, and among key peer groups on all key performance indicators.
“The best performing plants don’t perform that way by chance,” said Claire Cagnolatti, Vice President of Chemicals. “Solomon’s Olefin Study can assist with targeted performance improvement efforts to ensure companies are making sustainable improvements that return increased profit for many years to come. Our comprehensive data and results contribute to all aspects of operations.”
Solomon’s Olefin Study aids manufacturers in answering questions that are critical to the success of their business, including:
- How reliable are my olefin facilities?
- How do my net energy consumption and product yields compare with those of others?
- How do my material balance losses compare to the industry average?
- Are my operating expenses comparable to those of companies with similar facilities?
- Is my production cost competitive?
- How does my performance compare to that of others in the industry?
Insights from the 2013 Olefin Study include:
- Utilization is up compared to the 2011 study in most regions. Asia maintains the highest utilization of all regions.
- Reliability performance goes hand-in-hand with good energy performance. Plants in the top quartile on reliability also have better-than-average energy performance.
- Production costs dropped compared to the 2011 study when measured on same plant basis, but returns on investment (ROI) on average were up compared to 2011.
The subscription deadline is October 15, 2015. Interested parties may learn more about the 2015 Olefin Study by visiting http://solomononline.com/benchmarking/chemicals/olefin-study or contacting Jon Bowen via email at Jon(dot)Bowen(at)SolomonOnline(dot)com or by phone at +1.972.739.1818.
About Solomon Associates
HSB Solomon Associates LLC (Solomon) is the leading performance improvement company for the global energy industry. Solomon’s benchmarking and consulting solutions help customers across the energy value chain achieve operational excellence by increasing efficiency, reliability, and profitability. Solomon also provides forecasting and advice on the North American gas market. Solomon’s proprietary analytics uniquely transform data into insight for making better business decisions. Based in Dallas, TX USA, Solomon is part of the Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company (HSB). Learn more at SolomonOnline.com.