Charlotte, NC (PRWEB) September 09, 2015
Okuma America Corporation, a world-leader in CNC machine tool manufacturing, and Sandvik Coromant, a global leading supplier of cutting tools, tooling solutions and know-how to the metalworking industry, are teaming up to host “Manufacturing Excellence – Applying Emerging Technologies to Aerospace Manufacturing” on Tuesday, December 8, 2015 from 8:00a.m. – 6:00p.m. and Wednesday, December 9, 2015, from 8:00a.m.- noon in Charlotte, North Carolina. Guests will tour the Aerospace Center of Excellence, view CNC machine tool cutting demonstrations and learn about the latest CNC machining technologies for the aerospace industry to increase production, decrease costs, improve quality and maximize profitability.
Keynote speaker, Robert Mudge of RPM & Associates, Inc. supplier of LDT (laser deposition technology) products and services to aerospace customers, will discuss using additive and subtractive manufacturing to multiply productivity. Guests will also attend a learning session about IIoT (Industry Internet of Things) and view various CNC machine technology demonstrations.
Learning Session Topics Include:
- The Digital Age of Manufacturing – Putting the Industry Internet of Things (IIoT) to work for you - real-life examples of how the shop floor is connected to the front office, and the bottom line
Machine Technologies Include:
- The Frozen Tundra – The benefits and effects of machining in a cryogenic state (5ME)
- Pump It Up – How high-pressure coolant can save you money and improve quality (Sandvik Coromant and MP Systems)
- Rethinking the Manufacturing Process – How multi-tasking machines and specialty tooling can improve efficiency (Okuma and Sandvik Coromant)
- On the Right Path – Achieving process improvements with proper tool path generation (software/tooling) and taking advantage of the newest developments in metal-cutting and machine tool technologies
- Okuma App Store & OSP Suite
Machines on Display (subject to change):
- MU-10000H – 5-Axis Horizontal Machining Center
- MA-12500H – Horizontal Machining Center
- VTM-100 - Vertical Turning Lathe
- LOC-650 - 4-Axis Horizontal Lathe
- MU-6300V - 5-Axis Vertical Machining Center
- MU-8000V - 5-Axis Vertical Machining Center
- MULTUS U3000 - Multitasking Horizontal Lathe
- MULTUS U4000 - Multitasking Horizontal Lathe
Attendees can expect to:
- Learn about new and emerging technologies from a variety of suppliers and discover how to apply it in their shops
- Evaluate a variety of technology and equipment types
- Network with aerospace industry leaders and influencers
- Realize improved productivity and increased return on investment
Lunch will be provided daily. For detailed information about the Okuma/Sandvik Coromant Manufacturing Excellence aerospace event and to register visit http://www.okuma.com/events/aero2015. For more information on Okuma America Corporation visit http://www.okuma.com/ and to learn more about Sandvik Coromant visit http://www.sandvik.coromant.com/.
About Okuma America Corporation
Okuma America Corporation is the U.S.-based sales and service affiliate of Okuma Corporation, a world leader in CNC (computer numeric control) machine tools, founded in 1898 in Nagoya, Japan. The company is the industry’s only single-source provider, with the CNC machine, drive, motors, encoders, and spindle all manufactured by Okuma. The company also designs their own CNC controls to integrate seamlessly with each machine tool’s functionality. In 2014 Okuma launched the Okuma App Store, the industry’s only centralized online marketplace for machine tool apps and related content. Along with its extensive distribution network (largest in the Americas), and Partners in THINC, Okuma is committed to helping users gain competitive advantage through the open possibilities of machine tools, today and into the future. For more information, visit http://www.okuma.com or follow us on Facebook or Twitter @OkumaAmerica.
About Sandvik Coromant
Sandvik Coromant is a global leading supplier of cutting tools, tooling solutions and know-how to the metalworking industry. With extensive investments in research and development Sandvik Coromant creates unique innovations and sets new productivity standards together with its customers. These include the world's major automotive, aerospace and energy industries. Sandvik Coromant has 8000 employees and is represented in 130 countries. It is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the global industrial group Sandvik.