Chapel Hill, N.C. (PRWEB) September 10, 2015
U.S. News & World Report and Forbes ranked two programs at UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School among the very best – again.
- U.S. News ranked the Undergraduate Business Program No. 7 in the U.S. and No. 4 for public programs.
- Forbes ranked the full-time MBA Program No. 13 for return on investment (ROI) and No. 2 for public programs.
“Students in our Undergraduate and MBA Programs are stellar,” said Doug Shackelford, dean and the Meade H. Willis Distinguished Professor of Taxation at UNC Kenan-Flagler. “We are proud that our alumni see great ROI on their MBA education and that our peer business schools understand the high value of our Undergraduate Business Program,”
Among the U.S. News specialty lists, the Undergraduate Business Program was ranked:
- No. 5 in management
- No. 6 in marketing
- No. 9 in finance
- No. 9 in production/operations
- No. 10 in entrepreneurship
In its MBA ranking, Forbes surveyed 2010 graduates and posted a few of their comments:
- What makes UNC Kenan-Flagler special is “the accessibility of professors/staff and local community (alumni/entrepreneurs/corporate). UNC’s campus and region is something to be considered, too … friendly and beautiful.”
- “UNC equipped me with not only the analytical and strategic tools to succeed post-graduation, but also provided me an invaluable network of talented colleagues and alumni. UNC has cultivated a fantastic culture that attracts great students and produces great future leaders.”
- “Graduating with $130,000 in debt, I've had people ask if I had to do it all over again, would I? Without hesitation I've responded 'Absolutely!' Not only did I receive a top-notch education, but also life-long friends and a network of alumni who are so willing to help one another.”
Forbes compared MBA alumni earnings in their first five years out of business school to their opportunity cost (two years of forgone compensation, tuition and required fees). The U.S. News undergraduate ranking is based solely on the judgments of deans and senior faculty members at peer institutions who were asked to rate the quality of all programs with which they were familiar.
About the University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School
Consistently ranked one of the world's best business schools, UNC Kenan-Flagler is known for its collaborative culture that stems from its core values: excellence, leadership, integrity, community and teamwork. Professors excel at both teaching and research, and demonstrate unparalleled dedication to students. Graduates are effective, principled leaders who have the technical and managerial skills to deliver results in the global business environment. UNC Kenan-Flagler offers a rich portfolio of programs and extraordinary, real-life learning experiences: Undergraduate Business full-time MBA, Executive MBA Programs (Evening, Weekend and global OneMBA®), online MBA@UNC, UNC-Tsinghua Dual-Degree EMBA, Master of Accounting, PhD, Executive Development, and UNC Business Essentials programs. It is home to the Frank Hawkins Kenan Institute of Private Enterprise.