Sykesville, Maryland (PRWEB) September 16, 2015
John Shaddock had been involved in the fitness industry for over 21 years and although he loved the fitness business he found standard weights and cardio equipment to be repetitive and boring. John grew up wrestling starting at age 3. He even had wrestling mats in his garage. In high school he began Golden Gloves boxing and throughout his life study a variety of martial arts. John enjoyed the training of traditional martial arts but found the belt systems to be too political and inconsistent. John decided to create a hybrid fitness and martial arts gym when he opened Shaddock MMA Fitness 8 years ago. Combining fitness and conditioning classes with the art and skill of boxing and wrestling and the self defense of martial arts.
John has developed his system over 44 years by training in a variety of combat systems. His resume reads as follows.
- 1989 New England Diamond Belt Boxing Champion
- 1989 Vermont State Golden Gloves Finalist
- 1991 Vermont State Golden Gloves Finalist
- Purple Belt in Gaijin Ryu Jiujitsu
- Go Kyu Green Belt in Shorin Ryu Karate
- 4th Kyu in Aikido
- 1982 Bronze medalist in the NYSPS Wrestling championships as a freshman in HS
John has also trained in Jeet Kune Do, Braziliain Jiujitsu and is recently training in Catch As Catch Can wresling in affiliation with the ISWA.
He has created the following classes at his gym:
- FITBOX- Learn boxing basics from a former Golden Gloves boxer. Featuring combination punching, footwork and bag work.
- FITBOX CIRCUIT- Circuit training done with a variety of boxing training exercises mixed with boxing basics.
- KIDS MMA AND FITNESS- Combines basic skills of boxing, wrestling, kickboxing and jiujitsu. No belts, no bowing just pure self defense and fitness.
- CATCH WRESTLING- A western martial art that combines the pinning of wrestling and the submissions of Judo and Jiujitsu.
- IRON BOX- This circuit combines the strength training of weights and the cardio of boxing training.
John has designed a gym where people of all levels can train together safely. The main concern is not so much to become a champion, but get fit while learning to defend yourself. Our motto is "Whether you want to fight in the ring or just look like you can, we are the gym for you."
For those of you who want personal attention John also does personal training. Contact John for more information at shaddockmma(at)comcast(dot)net or 443-280-0812.