Future networks will be built on software components that leverage open source frameworks.
(PRWEB) September 17, 2015
Qosmos®, the market leader in Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) and network intelligence technology for use in physical, SDN and NFV architectures, today announced a new milestone in protocol recognition and early market access for new DPI component products built for SDN and NFV environments, and managed by OpenStack and OpenDaylight.
With 75% market share, Qosmos is the de facto industry-standard for DPI software embedded in networking products. The company’s technology identifies data traveling over networks in real time, providing a true picture of the traffic by identifying protocols, types of application, and extracting additional information in the form of metadata. Equipment makers, telco and enterprise software vendors and cloud service providers widely use Qosmos to gain application visibility, accelerate time to market and benefit from continuous signature updates.
Qosmos has strengthened its leadership by reaching an industry first in protocol recognition: 2,500 protocols - more than any other similar type of technology. In addition, the company confirms early market access for new products built for SDN and NFV environments: Qosmos DPI VNFC, Qosmos Classifier®, and Qosmos Service Aware Module® (Qosmos SAM®).
Qosmos’ vision is that future networks will be built on software components, running on standard high-volume commercial servers and leveraging open source frameworks. That’s why the company is actively contributing to initiatives such as OpenStack and OpenDaylight, which are used to configure and manage Qosmos products.
- Qosmos contribution to OpenStack and OpenDaylight Group Based Policy (GBP): https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/group-based-policy-abstraction
- Qosmos contribution to OpenDaylight Service Function Chaining: https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Service_Function_Chaining:Main
“Qosmos continues to be the networking industry’s top choice for DPI and network intelligence technology”, said Jerome Tollet, CTO at Qosmos. “As a technology pioneer, we are constantly striving to apply our expertise in new and innovative ways. We are therefore pleased to leverage our leadership position and bring advanced DPI to emerging virtualized environments, combined with open source frameworks."
The latest developments include key industry firsts:
First DPI and network intelligence technology to support 2,500+ protocol signatures
- Industry-leading support for 2500+ protocols, without counting specific work flows and application variants
- Extraction of thousands of application metadata across 30 categories
- Recognition rate of fully encrypted protocols based on new statistical algorithms with self-learning capabilities. Applications like Vuze, uTorrent, BitTorrent are correctly identified 95% of the time.
First DPI and network intelligence component products for SDN and NFV
- Qosmos DPI VNFC. In a telecom environment, the ETSI compliant Qosmos DPI VNFC can optimize a virtual Evolved Packet Core, by feeding real-time traffic information to a virtual PDN-Gateway that can trigger multiple functions such as quality of service (QoS) management or traffic shaping. The product is available for Proof of Concepts (PoCs).
- Qosmos Classifier. The world’s first Layer 7 Service Classifier, configurable through OpenDaylight SFC API. This product is essential for dynamic, application-aware service chaining, for Gi-LAN or cloud-based vCPE. A prototype of the product is available for lab testing.
- Qosmos Service Aware Module (Qosmos SAM): Layer 7 Classifier which adds service awareness to virtual switches and conveys real-time layer 4-7 intelligence via an open API designed to enable short development cycles. A prototype of Qosmos SAM is available for lab testing.
More info: link to http://www.qosmos.com/products/technology-overview/
Qosmos leads the market for Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) and network intelligence technology used in physical, SDN and NFV architectures. The company supplies software to vendors who embed real-time application awareness in their products for traffic optimization, service chaining, quality of service, analytics, cyber security and more. Qosmos brings fast time to market for network intelligence and continuous protocol signature updates inside physical, SDN and NFV networking products. As the leading supplier of network intelligence software, Qosmos contributes actively to open source projects and international standards, and serves 75% of the market.