"The property is a blank canvas, offering a new owner endless possibilities. This could be a private retreat, the next Yellowstone Club, or one could consider the development potential."
Ogden, Utah (PRWEB) September 16, 2015
Mirr Ranch Group, a Denver-based real estate firm specializing in ranches and fine sporting properties, is listing Wasatch Peaks Ranch, the nation’s most spectacular and pristine recreational alpine property, for $46,000,000. The ranch consists of approximately 12,740 acres, offering private skiing, one of the longest heli-ski runs in the U.S. (4,000+ vertical feet), fly-fishing, big game hunting, hiking, mountain biking and so much more – all just 35 minutes from Salt Lake City and its international airport.
“The ranch is a 20 square mile recreational paradise,” said Ken Mirr, owner of Mirr Ranch Group. “I don’t think I have ever come across another property as uniquely fit for outdoor recreation as the Wasatch Peaks Ranch – it has it all, whether you like skiing pristine powder bowls, hiking off the beaten path, or enjoying your own mountain.”
Dick Bass, the late founder of Snowbird Resort, and Earl Holding, late owner and visionary of Snowbasin Resort, assembled the property. Fortunately for the new owner, the ranch is undeveloped with a lot of potential for the future. The property is currently zoned for one residential dwelling per 160 acres, however local regulations may permit higher residential densities including a world-class resort.
“The property is a blank canvas, offering a new owner endless possibilities. This could be a private retreat, the next Yellowstone Club, or one could consider the development potential," added Mirr.
A few key highlights:
- 12,740 acres / 20 square miles of pristine alpine terrain within Utah’s famed Wasatch Mountains, featuring elevations ranging from 4,820 to 9,570 feet;
- Controls a continuous ridgeline comprising 24 peaks and 15 bowls on the property and adjoining National Forest lands;
- Owners estimate 5,500 acres of skiable terrain – larger than most of the ski & snowboard resorts in North America;
- Average annual snowfall of 400 inches;
- Includes 1.75 miles of the Weber River, for great fly-fishing;
- Offers big game trophy hunting, hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding and other recreational pursuits on over 80 miles of trails and unlimited access to the bordering forest;
- There are 5,000 prime developable acres offering mild terrain close to highway exits and infrastructure;
- Property has numerous ponds, creeks, meadows, hillsides and draws; and its just
- 20 minutes to downtown Ogden, 10 minutes to Snowbasin Resort, 35 minutes to downtown Salt Lake City and 45 minutes to Park City.
About Mirr Ranch Group:
Mirr Ranch Group offers marketing and buyer acquisition services for fine sporting properties and legacy ranches for sale throughout the American West. Brokers for the company are known for their expertise in agriculture, hunting, fly-fishing, public lands and conservation, in addition to their unsurpassed knowledge of ranch transactions.