Eight festive cities offer fireworks, German-inspired festivals and more along the Louisiana Holiday Trail of Lights.
(PRWEB) September 22, 2015
The Louisiana Holiday Trail of Lights will kick off the holiday season from November through the New Year. A unique treasure of North Louisiana, the Trail is a string of eight cities for families and friends to explore during the holidays. Travel between the cities is convenient; with each city only being about an hour drive from the next. The cities span across I-20 and I-49 and include Shreveport-Bossier, Minden, Monroe-West Monroe, Natchitoches, and Alexandria/Pineville.
The partners are pleased to announce their 2015 signature events:
- Shreveport-Bossier is bringing back its marquee event, Rockets Over the Red fireworks festival, Saturday, Nov. 28 at the Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets. The festival will feature bands, arts and crafts, food, and a spectacular show over the Red River.
- Minden will hold its German-inspired Fasching Festival, Nov. 21 and switch on its downtown holiday lights for families to do a self-driving tour through a display of more than 100 life-sized nutcrackers.
- Monroe-West Monroe kicks things off on Nov. 21, too. Shoppers are delighted with a tour through Antique Alley, which will be transformed with its Dancing Lights and Holiday Light Displays.
- Natchitoches puts on the oldest Christmas festival in the state. This year, the Festival of Lights will celebrate its 89th year, and from Nov. 21-Dec. 26, families can experience a weekly fireworks show, shopping, and food.
- Alexandria/Pineville's popular 12 Nights of Christmas kicks off with the Holiday Magic Downtown event, Dec. 3.
From November to December, families can experience parades, fireworks shows, holiday exhibits, shopping excursions, and entertainment in any of the eight cities along the Trail. Check out the website http://www.HolidayTrailofLights.com for a full list of events. Follow the Trail on Facebook and Twitter to get tips on how to enjoy the Trail, as well as information on contests and family-friendly events.