"Our Facebook video publisher rankings show which emerging media brands are best exploiting this new publishing frontier, and whose content is proving most engaging in these fast-growing new digital channels." - Liam Corcoran, Head of Comms - NewsWhip
New York, NY (PRWEB) September 21, 2015
A new report from NewsWhip finds that UNILAD, The Best Of Tumblr and Funniest And Craziest Videos were the three biggest Facebook video publishers in August 2015.
Viral humor site, UNILAD, collected 4,620,797 engagements on its native Facebook videos in August, ranking a little ahead of The Best Of Tumblr, with it's 4,487,056 engagements.
There are a range of key insights and trends in the report, including:
- The notable lack of any legacy media brands in the top 20
- The presence of three celebrities in the rankings - Kevin Hart, Perez Hilton and Tyrese Gibson at No. 23, 24 and 25 respectively
- New social publishing starlets, such as NowThis, AJ+ and Vocativ, dominating the rankings
- Social publishing powerhouse BuzzFeed having two brands in the top 10 - BuzzFeed Food and BuzzFeed Video
- The Huffington Post, the closest thing to a traditional news brand in the rankings, appearing at No 16
See the rankings, data and full report on the NewsWhip blog.
Based in Dublin, Ireland, and New York, NewsWhip is a social signals platform, powering a suite of trending analytics products used by journalists and editors, marketers, and communications and PR professionals.
NewsWhip's best-known product, Spike, is a dashboard for analyzing real-time social velocity and trajectory of content and content marketing themes. Spike predicts 79% of future viral news and stories and is used by clients such as: BBC, BuzzFeed, DigitasLBi, Edelman, Fleishman Hillard, Huffington Post, Intel, OMD, Mastercard and Yahoo!.