Pioneering new techniques for the prevention detection and management of microorganism
(PRWEB UK) 21 September 2015
Microbiological contamination of products and processes continues to be a major concern to the pharmaceutical industry and its regulations. Contamination of an aseptic process can have a serious impact on a company’s financial viability, manufacturing license and industry reputation.
Companies and labs are constantly looking for ways to speed up the process of testing (rapid methods) while still ensuring the safety and minimising the risk (risk assessment and management). This is a source of much debate and interest within a field at the moment.
SMi Group announces its 5th annual Pharmaceutical Microbiology Conference will be taking place in London in January 2016. This highly successful event will provide essential insights in to the latest advancements in practice and technology, developments in regulation and harmonisation of international practice and evolving methods and the latest technology.
Join us as we explore key issues in data review and analysis, contamination control strategies, strategies for low endotoxin recovery and best practice in sterile and non-sterile manufacture. Hear presentations from the heart of industry, addressing real world case studies on the benefits and challenges of rapid methods, risk assessments and objectionable organisms.
For more information or to register for this conference please visit: http://www.pharma-microbiology.com/prvocus
Benefits of attending Pharmaceutical Microbiology event:
- Gain an in-depth insight into endotoxin testing, validation and LER
- Understand the threats posed by VBNCs and how to detect them
- Hear specialist advice on contamination control and risk management to minimise costs and maximise efficiency
Chairs and Key Speakers:
- Olivier Chancel, Sterility and Aseptic Process Assurance Expert, Merial Sas
- Francesco Boschi, Microbiological Services Manager, GSK Manufacturing S.p.A.
- Thierry Bonnevay, Microbiology Platform Head QC Development, Sanofi Pasteur
- Adrianne Klijn, Group leader Microbiological and Molecular Analytics, Nestle Research Center
- James Drinkwater, Chairman, PHSS
- Tim Eaton, Sterile Manufacturing Specialist, AstraZeneca
For full speaker outline please visit: http://www.pharma-microbiology.com/prvocus
Confirmed Sponsors for 2016 – Hyglos, Lonza, Merck Millipore
In addition to the event, there will be two pre-conference workshops entitled: Endotoxin Testing: Hot Topics and New Methods in the European Pharmacopoeia, presented by Karolina Head Director Marketing & Sales and Holger Grallert, Head of R&D, Hyglos GmbH. And Spectometric and Optical Technologies for Microbal Contamination Control, presented by Andrew Bartko, Research Leader, Battelle, taking place on Tuesday 19th January 2016 at the Holiday Inn Kensington Forum
To register please contact Tommy King: +44 (0) 207 827 6052/ tking(at)smi-online(dot)co(dot)uk
For sponsorship enquiries please contact Alia Malick: +44(0)2078276748/ amalick(at)smi-online(dot)co(dot)uk