(PRWEB) September 24, 2015
Telamon Corporation today announced that CEO and Chairman of the Board Albert Chen will retire as of October 1, 2015. Albert will continue to serve as Executive Chairman of the Board. Current COO Stan Chen, representing the second generation of the Chen family, will assume the role of CEO.
Albert and Margaret Chen founded the firm in 1985 and turned Telamon into a multi-million dollar company ($815M in fiscal year 2014) over the past 30 years. In 1985, Telamon’s primary focus was providing turnkey telecommunication network solutions in the areas of field services, supply chain management, and rack integration. Since then, Telamon has expanded its footprint into multiple business lines, a tribute to its entrepreneurial spirit and dedication to simplifying business for its customers. In addition, Telamon has won numerous Diverse Supplier of the Year and Quality Achievement awards from its Fortune 500 customers, including AT&T, Verizon, Cummins, and Nortel (Ciena).
Reflecting on his role as CEO, Albert Chen stated, “I am grateful to have led this company for the last 30 years. I am very proud of what our 1,400 plus-member team has accomplished during times of both triumphs and tribulations. I believe that this is the right time for me to retire for multiple reasons. First, with various organizational realignments and new key hires, Telamon has a team in place that is capable of accelerating Telamon’s growth in the various industries we serve. And secondly, Stan Chen has been preparing for his new role as my successor for several years by leading the operations of the following business units: Telecom Solutions, Industrial Solutions, and Business Process Solutions.”
Albert Chen will continue to advise the Telamon team on matters such as strategy, innovation, joint ventures, and mergers & acquisitions. He will also help with talent assessment as well as coaching and mentoring the senior management team.
Stephanie Chen Fuhrmann, also a member of the Chen family second generation, and currently the President of Telamon’s Telecom Solutions division, will step in as COO. She will serve dual roles until a replacement is found for the Telecom Solutions position.
The following is a list of major milestones throughout Telamon’s 30-year history:
- 1989 – Second location in Chino, California, opens
- 1999 – Headquarter location moves to Carmel, Indiana, from Indianapolis, Indiana
- 2000 – Third location in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (now moved to Dayton, New Jersey), opens
- 2006 – Industrial Solutions business unit founded
- 2007 – Business Process Solutions business unit founded
- 2008 – China operation established
- 2009–2012 – Five additional locations open in Ohio, Missouri, Kentucky, Arkansas, and Kansas
- 2012 – Energy Solutions business unit founded
- 2013 – Medical Solutions business unit founded
- 2014 – Acquisition of Westbrook Manufacturing, a custom wire harness manufacturer, which led to two additional facilities in Ohio and Mexico
- 2015 – Acquisition of Rizzo Consulting, a wireless and in-building DAS service provider, which led to one additional facility in Illinois