San Diego, CA (PRWEB) September 23, 2015
The Oct. 2 world premiere of Diablo, directed and produced by Lawrence Roeck (The Forger), and starring Scott Eastwood (The Longest Ride), has sold out at the San Diego Film Festival.
“We’re thrilled to have sold out Diablo’s world premiere weeks before the screening,” said Roeck.
In Diablo, Eastwood plays a former Civil War soldier with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) who hits the trail in an attempt to rescue his young wife from kidnappers. Along the way, he begins to unravel as the horrors of war come back to haunt him.
“PTSD and mental illness are two subjects rarely discussed in tandem with the Civil War,” Roeck added. “I'm excited for the audience to see that explored in a Western movie that’s also a psychological thriller.”
Joining Eastwood is a talented cast that includes: Walton Goggins (FX’s Justified, Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained and The Hateful Eight), renowned actor Danny Glover (Lethal Weapon, The Color Purple), Adam Beach (Flags of Our Fathers, Windtalkers), and Camilla Belle (10,000 BC, The Ballad of Jack and Rose).
“It was the script (written by screenwriter and producer Carlos de los Rios) and the world we created that appealed to such a stellar cast,” said Roeck. “We were amazed at the level of talent Diablo attracted.”
Diablo’s Oct. 3 screening at the Calgary International Film Festival has sold out as well.
- Scott Eastwood (Fury, The Longest Ride, Taylor Swift’s video: “Wildest Dreams,” next year’s DC Comics’ Suicide Squad and Oliver Stone’s Snowden)
- Walton Goggins (FX’s hit series Justified, and both Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained and the highly anticipated The Hateful Eight)
- Danny Glover (The renowned actor and humanitarian of such films as the Lethal Weapon franchise, The Royal Tenenbaums and The Color Purple)
- Adam Beach (Flags of Our Fathers, Windtalkers and the upcoming Suicide Squad)
- Camilla Belle (10,000 BC, When a Stranger Calls and The Ballad of Jack and Rose)
About the 14th Annual San Diego Film Festival (SDFF):
- Held from Sept. 30 thru Oct. 4, 2015, the SDFF presents 100-plus films, industry panels and red carpet events.
- 2014 SDFF premieres included: Wild, The Imitation Game, St. Vincent, Whiplash, The Good Lie, and Mr. Turner.
- For further information visit: http://www.sdfilmfest.com
For further information about Lawrence Roeck or Carlos de los Rios, contact Tracy Jones at
858-444-6257 or tracy(at)blackstone-pr(dot)com.