TomTom RIDER gives bikers more ways to create and discover exciting routes, so every ride can be an adventure.
Burlington, MA (PRWEB) January 15, 2015
TomTom (TOM2) today launches the all-new TomTom RIDER, designed to make every motorcycle ride more exciting. For the first time, bikers can choose the level of twists and turns they want to ride to create their own adrenaline-filled adventure.
The all-new TomTom RIDER helps bikers discover and explore new routes. Simply select an area to ride on the map and TomTom RIDER will suggest the most exciting round-trip. Bikers can build excitement before setting out by creating and sharing touring adventures with friends and uploading direct to their TomTom RIDER.
“TomTom RIDER gives bikers more ways to create and discover exciting routes, so every ride can be an adventure,” said Jocelyn Vigreux, President, TomTom, Inc. “From sea to shining sea, bikers using RIDER will have the option of choosing routes to cruise the open road with confidence, lean into twisties along mountain peaks, and everything in between.”
The stylish, yet rugged TomTom RIDER has been completely redesigned for life on the road. An innovative rotating mount allows bikers to switch to portrait view to see more of the bends ahead. It has a glove-friendly, interactive screen to make it easy to find and explore new places. Bluetooth® enabled audio instructions delivered to the headset or helmet, give bikers more freedom to just enjoy the ride.
TomTom RIDER includes features that are designed specifically for bikers:
- Winding Roads: Find the most exciting winding roads and avoid the boring straights.
- Hilly Roads: Stay at sea level or climb the highest peaks.
- Round-trip Planning: Simply select where you want to ride and TomTom Rider will find the most exciting route.
- Portrait View: Rotate to portrait view to see more of the bends ahead.
- PC Route Planning: Pre-plan a touring adventure before leaving home.
- Route Sharing: Share a route with other bikers before setting off or after you return home.
- Lifetime TomTom Traffic: Ride with real-time traffic information for the lifetime of the device.
- Audio Instructions via Bluetooth: Keep your eyes on the road with audio instructions delivered through your headset.
- Track Support: Upload tracks (GPX format) and your TomTom Rider will show you the way.
- Hands-free Calling: Call hands-free while you ride.
- Weather-proof Design: As weather ready as you are.
- Glove-friendly Screen: Use your TomTom Rider even while wearing gloves.
- Sunlight Visibility: Make use of different colour options for different times of day.
- Trip Recording: Record your trip and relive the adventure any time.
- Trip Statistics: See how far, how fast and for how long you have ridden.
- Fully Interactive Screen: Pinch, zoom and swipe to interact with the map.
TomTom RIDER will be available from April 2015. See http://www.tomtom.com/new-rider-400
TomTom (TOM2) empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. We design and develop innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals. Best known for being a global leader in navigation and mapping products, TomTom also creates GPS Sport Watches, as well as state-of-the-art fleet management solutions and industry leading location based products.
Our business consists of four customer facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Telematics.
Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4,000 employees worldwide and sell our products in over 43 countries.
For further Information:
Karen CK Drake, Public Relations
Bisera Grubesic, Investor Relations Officer
+31 (0)20 757 5119