It is our mission with Meet The Firms Week to educate students on the range of options and benefits of careers in public accounting, and connect them with outstanding public accounting employers.
PENSACOLA, Fla (PRWEB) October 01, 2015
Accountingfly, the accounting profession’s online career community, announced they will host the 7th Meet The Firms (MTF) Week from Oct. 19-23. The online event connects accounting students with accounting firms across the country, shares valuable insight into the career and delivers individual resumes to more than 7,500 accounting employers.
“It's no secret young accountants tend to leave public accounting for private opportunities,” said Jeff Phillips, CEO for Accountingfly. “It is our mission with Meet The Firms Week to educate students on the range of options and benefits of careers in public accounting, and connect them with outstanding public accounting employers. For students who already have landed great jobs, our CPA-led webinars will help them start their career on the right track”
From it's inception in 2012, Accountingfly’s Meet The Firms Week has grown to become the largest career fair in the accounting profession. The event connects thousands of students with hundreds of employers across the country through Accountingfly.com, the leading online community for accounting professionals. The weeklong event also includes a series of webinars led by industry leaders designed to educate accounting students.
Helping Students Build Their Careers
This year’s event will educate students on the wide-range of career opportunities available in public accounting and connect them with outstanding public accounting employers across the U.S. All resumes will be delivered to 7,500 firms that are hiring interns and entry level jobs right now.
Details for students:
- Registration is now open for all students
- There is no cost to participate
- Students and recent graduates may apply to hundreds of accounting internship and entry-level positions
- After the event ends, all resumes will be distributed to 7,500 accounting employers
- Webinars will be held all week on topics including career paths in different firm sizes, starting a firm, and how to take ownership of your career in accounting. Participating students can sign up for the entire series with a simple registration and attend only the sessions that interest them. If there are conflicting schedules, individuals will receive a recording link for each session just by registering.
Connecting Employers With Qualified Candidates
Accountingfly has been building its community of accounting students since 2012 and job placement for firms through the platform continues to rise. With public accounting firms losing qualified accountants everyday, Meet The Firms Week helps build a pipeline of qualified candidates for ongoing recruitment.
Details for employers:
- Intern and entry-level positions can be posted for free until Oct. 19
- After the event, employers will receive a digital book of resumes of all participating students
- There is no cost to participate
The event is sponsored by partners Xero, Gleim CPA Review, Surgent CPA Review and Wiley CPAexcel. Students and employers can register here: https://meetthefirmsweek.com.
Accountingfly is the accounting profession’s online career community. Employers use Accountingfly to streamline the recruitment and hiring process of interns, early career and experienced accountants. Candidates create profiles to search for and apply to jobs, and have the option of making their profile private or visible to recruiters. Along the way, Accountingfly provides support and resources to accountants help ensure a successful career.