Spokane, WA (PRWEB) October 01, 2015
RLHC (Red Lion Hotels Corporation) today announced a new initiative focused on raising awareness about the significance of early detection of breast cancer. The company is encouraging locals, guests, and associates to participate in Breast Cancer Awareness Month and to learn more about the Susan B. Komen Foundation. The aim of the campaign is to increase awareness of the disease and to raise funds for research on its causes, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure.
The campaign will extend to the lobbies of Red Lion Hotels, Red Lion Inn & Suites and Hotel RL properties, local events, and digital initiatives. Through this outreach, the company strives to support those affected by breast cancer while showcasing the brand’s goodwill.
Experiences included in Red Lion’s Go Pink campaign include:
- Instagram frames to snap photos and tag #RedLionGoesPink
- Self-serve donation baskets, information on local walks
- Exterior, on-property lighting and digital pink logos and pink ribbons that will remain throughout October
- Associates and guests participating in the Susan B. Komen Breast Cancer Walk
- Dedicated social media contest encouraging followers to post about Who Inspires You, a random winner of 2-night stays will be chosen each week through Oct 31.
In addition to the above mentioned initiatives, the Hotel RL brand will host an array of events throughout October as part of the Dressed in Pink campaign.
Hotel RL events include:
- A Dressed In Pink Happy Hour featuring Pinktinis, with all proceeds benefitting the Susan B. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
- Instagram frames to snap photos and tag #HotelRLDressedInPink
“At RLHC, we understand that breast cancer has had an impact on the lives of the people closest to us and the people closest to our guests,” said RLHC Chief Marketing Officer Bill Linehan. “According to the American Cancer Society, one in eight women born today in the US will get breast cancer at some point. There is a distinct need for increased awareness not only about diagnosis but also about treatment and the brave individuals who have fought so hard against this disease. We’re proud to be a part of an initiative that aligns our core values of local experiences, family-friendly service and destinations to explore with a variety of initiatives that highlight the significance of this cause.”
Visitors can learn more about Red Lion Hotels, Red Lion Inn & Suites, Hotel RL and the company’s breast cancer awareness campaigns online at [ http://www.redlion.com/redliongoespink and http://www.redlion.com/hotelrldressedinpink.
RLHC (Red Lion Hotels Corporation) is a hospitality company primarily engaged in the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels under the Hotel RL, Red Lion Hotel, Red Lion Inn & Suites, GuestHouse International and Settle Inn brands. Established in 1959, the company has 130 hotels system wide and also owns and operates an entertainment and event ticket distribution business. For more information, please visit the company's website at http://www.redlion.com.