(PRWEB) October 07, 2015
MailXaminer is specifically designed to cater to the requirements of end-users in law enforcement and government agencies, and digital forensic service providers examining electronically stored information (ESI).
Key MailXaminer 4.8 updates include:
1. “Geo Location” support for plotting and reporting IP addresses on a map.
2. Video analysis to identify skin tone content in video files like .mp4, .avi,.3gp files.
3. Ability to mount industry standard evidence file formats (E01, DD, and dmg).
4. Newly added mail client includes hMail Server(.eml), MDaemon Server(.msg), Kerio(*eml), Zimbra(.zdb), KMail, Maildir, Dovecot, Entourage, Claws Mail, Opera Mail(*.mbs), Pegasus Mail, Windows Live Mail(*.eml), Icewarp Mail Server, MailEnable Server & Communigate Mail Server(*.mbox).
5. New webmail support including iCloud, Live@EDU, Rackspace & Zoho Mail.
6. Target data can now be categorized by “Custodians” or “Custodian Groups”.
7. End-users can create custom “Auto Tagging” options at scan time based on filters, rules or patterns.
8. Data filtered grid support.
9. “Performance tuning” option to configure the processing speed by increasing the concurrency level.
10. Graphics thumbnail and gallery views.
11. Ability to export GPS location overlays (Keyhole Markup Language).
12. Option to exclude previously exported items.
13. Upgraded “keyword search” to search complex keywords using Lucene queries.
14. Improved scanning and indexing speed.
15. Improved scanning algorithm to deal with problem files.
16. Support for SHA1.
17. Pre-categorized dashboard for Early Case Assessment.
18. Optional Settings to make scanning more efficient with:
o Switch Indexing On/Off
o Switch MD5/SHA1 On/Off
o Read Calendar On/Off
The release of MailXaminer 4.8 expands the ability to analyze web based email clients. Enhancements regarding the SaaS based review platform include new and advanced workflow capabilities to safeguard the security of the data shared between the investigators and reviewers.
SysTools, Inc. is an unparalleled industry leader in Data Recovery, Cloud Computing and Digital Forensics. We are also a trusted resource among global IT administrators for e-mail conversion, e-mail migration, and database management.
2105 Murray Holladay Rd.
Holladay, UT 84117