Our fully redundant, state of the art network is already engineered to deliver a high level of availability, but AireSpring’s new managed failover services offer additional levels of redundancy via numerous connectivity options.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) October 07, 2015
Award-winning AireSpring, a leading provider of fully managed cloud data, voice, and connectivity solutions announced today the launch of its Managed Failover Connectivity service, a high-availability, business continuity solution for cost-effectively maintaining critical business operations in the event that a primary data connection is disrupted. This solution helps avoid the risks associated with network outages by automatically detecting access issues with the primary connection and routing traffic to a separate, redundant connection via several connectivity options:
- Failover to Public Internet: Use a public Dedicated Internet connection provided by AireSpring (or another vendor) as the failover from an AireSpring-provided connection used for Dedicated Internet Access (DIA) or AireSpring Managed Connectivity.
- Failover to AireSpring Managed Connectivity: Use another AireSpring Managed connection as the failover from an existing AireSpring Managed connection.
- Failover to Private AireSpring MPLS Mesh™: Use an AireSpring-provided MPLS connection as the failover from an existing AireSpring-provided MPLS connection.
- Failover to Public Internet with IP sec VPN: Use AireSpring’s IP VPN Remote Access Service, together with a public Dedicated Internet connection provided by AireSpring or another vendor, as the failover from an existing AireSpring-provided MPLS link.
- Optional Dual Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP): For the ultimate peace of mind, a separate redundant router can be active for use in the event the primary equipment fails.
By leveraging nearly two decades of experience providing managed and unified communications and harnessing the power of their award winning network, AireSpring brings both experience and innovation to the challenge of engineering cost effective business continuity solutions. Managed Failover represents one more service in a comprehensive suite of modern, cloud based unified communication products that work synergistically to provide a robust, agile solution that incorporates multiple layers of built-in redundancy. AireSpring network engineers work with clients to customize a solution that best fits their mission critical business requirements and security needs.
The Importance of Failover Connectivity
As organizations are realizing the advantages of cloud communications, they also become increasingly dependent on connectivity. Natural disasters, human error, computer glitches, blackouts and even criminal activity can expose enterprises to business risks such as lost revenue, lost productivity, and customer dissatisfaction. Gartner estimates the total cost of downtime due to a network outage to be $5,600 per minute. Managed Failover Connectivity mitigates these risks by automatically re-routing data and voice traffic instantaneously from an AireSpring provided MPLS or public network to a secondary failover connection.
“Our fully redundant, state of the art network is already engineered to deliver a high level of availability, but AireSpring’s new managed failover services offer additional levels of redundancy via numerous connectivity options,” stated Avi Lonstein, CEO of AireSpring. “These types of failover solutions can be difficult to engineer, especially when voice and cloud services are part of the mix. Just because a router can switch from a primary to a secondary connection doesn’t mean the applications riding on top will continue to work. With our managed failover solution our customers can leave the details up to our experienced engineers who ensure that all services fail over flawlessly,” added Mr. Lonstein.
Key Managed Failover Connectivity Features and Benefits
- Automatic Detection and Failover: Issues with the primary connection are automatically detected and traffic is routed over the redundant connection until service is restored to the primary connection.
- Professional Router Configuration, Management and Proactive Monitoring: AireSpring professionally configures the router and our 24/7 Network Operations Center (NOC) actively monitors both primary and secondary connections using the AireNMS ™ network monitoring service. The NOC proactively alerts customers of potential problems on their network so they can be resolved before they impact business operations. This service is included free of charge with all Managed Failover services, offering an additional layer of detection and notification.
- Integration with AireSpring Voice and MPLS: AireSpring engineers ensure that all AireSpring voice and MPLS services are designed to properly fail over, taking into account such complexities as Network Address Translation (NAT), SIP Application Layer Gateway (ALG), rotating IP addresses, and asynchronous routing.
- Diversified Connectivity Options: AireSpring’s Award-Winning fully meshed network allows access to a wide range of underlying vendors offering: Ethernet, TDM, Cable, DSL and Wireless.
- Ability to utilize customers’ third party provided bandwidth: AireSpring can utilize a public Dedicated Internet connection provided by another vendor as the failover from an AireSpring-provided or managed connection.
For more information about AireSpring’s Managed Failover service, visit http://www.AireSpring.com.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, AireSpring is an award-winning provider of cloud communications and connectivity solutions serving thousands of businesses nationwide. AireSpring provides fully managed and connected end-to-end, next-generation solutions for multi-location enterprise customers, including Cloud Contact Center, Unified Communications, Business VoIP Phone Systems, SIP Trunking, MPLS, and Internet. AireSpring’s solutions are offered through a diversified network of channel partners that includes distributors, master agents, managed service providers, and value added resellers. AireSpring’s services are delivered over its revolutionary nationwide MPLS Mesh network, providing customers a fully integrated, end to end solution from a single vendor.
AireSpring has received numerous industry awards for "Product of the Year," "Best Telecom Deal," "Best in Show," and "Top Channel Program". AireSpring is privately held, diversified, debt-free, and renowned in the industry for delivering a broad range of innovative cloud communications and connectivity solutions at competitive rates. To find product information or to become an AireSpring partner or agent, please visit http://www.airespring.com or contact us at 888-389-2899.For information on this and other AireSpring products, please visit http://www.airespring.com or email sales(at)airespring(dot)com.
Sr. VP Marketing
818-786-8990, ext. 374