Chicago, IL (PRWEB) October 11, 2015
Mr. Lewis Gruber, CEO and Chief Scientific Officer of SIWA Corporation, will participate in a BioPharma Dealmakers webcast, sponsored in part by SIWA Corporation, featuring four companies developing regenerative medicine. The free webcast, titled Innovations in Regenerative Medicine & Curative Biologics, is scheduled for 11:00 am ET on October 14.
Go to: http://www.nature.com/biopharmadealmakers/index.html to register.
The webcast will explore some of the technologies and companies driving this rapidly developing field of regenerative medicine. Participants will learn about new approaches that have been developed to:
- Generate autologous cartilage cells for transplantation.
- Use pluripotent embryonic stem cell–derived oligodendrocyte progenitor cells to treat spinal cord injuries.
- Enlist mAbs to slow or reverse aging related diseases involving senescence, and
- Use 3D bioprinting to create tissues for use in drug discovery and medical research.
The webcast will include a round table discussion and a Q&A session to enable participants to contribute their own thoughts on this highly innovative area of regenerative medicine. Gaspar Taroncher-Oldenburg, Ph.D. Dr. Taroncher-Oldenburg is an independent consultant and former managing editor of SciBX: Science-Business eXchange for Nature Publishing Group and the former scientific editor at Nature Biotechnology will serve as moderator.
Mr. Lewis Gruber was instrumental in SIWA Corporation’s development of a method for clearing senescent cells with an injectable monoclonal antibody. Other webcast participants include:
- Dr. Jeske Smink is Head of Scientific Affairs of co.don.
- Dr. Jane S. Lebkowski, Ph.D. is the President of R&D and Chief Scientific Officer of Asterias Biotherapeutics.
- Dr. Sharon Collins Presnell is the CTO at Organovo, where she leads their R&D group.
About the Webcast
BioPharma Dealmakers webcasts are dedicated to small and large companies looking for commercial partnerships. Read the quarterly BioPharma Dealmakers supplement in Nature Biotechnology and Nature Reviews Drug Discovery.
About SIWA Corporation
SIWA Corporation has developed inventions that can be applied to lessen the impact of degenerative diseases, particularly those associated with aging by selectively targeting and removing senescent cells. These senescent cells are causally implicated in age-related dysfunction, and thus, their removal obtains recognized benefits in health and function associated with cellular regeneration. SIWA Corporation intends to commercialize these inventions through licensing to one or more pharmaceutical and/or therapeutics companies.
More information is available at http://www.siwacorporation.com.
Contact: Misty Gruber, CFO, at 1-312-961-5109 or msgruber(at)siwacompanies(dot)com