Washington, DC (PRWEB) October 12, 2015
CMS’s just-released 2016 Medicare Advantage and Part D star ratings contain key information for health plans and their partners to assess and act on, indicating which stars measures are causing plans the most difficulty, which had significant threshold changes from the prior rating, where MA and Part D health plans should focus their efforts and how CMS intends to modify or add star measures to address major problem areas. During “2016 Medicare Star Ratings: Translating Trends Into Strategies,” an upcoming Oct. 22 webinar sponsored by Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS), two of the industry’s leading authorities on the CMS star-rating system dissect the ratings and translate the scores into practical strategies for health care organizations.
In a 90-minute program, Stephen Wood, a Co-Founder and Partner at Clear View Solutions, LLC, and Robert Brett, the Vice President of Medicare at CareSource, will offer reliable answers to questions like:
- Which types of plans scored best and worst in 2015 star ratings? Which showed the greatest change?
- Are Special Needs Plans still disadvantaged? How did they fare this year? What new measures are in store for them in the future?
- How did Prescription Drug Plans with large percentages of Low-Income Subsidy members fare?
- Is there hope for loosely managed networks?
- What changes have there been in the star-rating measures that MA and Part D plans find the hardest to manage? Which present the greatest opportunities for future bottom-line impact?
- Which measures dragged down plan performance the most? To what extent were drug-related measures a factor?
- How did plans fare with the newest star-ratings measures?
- To what extent should marketing strategies be affected by the actual 2016 star ratings of your competitors?
- How is the star-rating program likely to change for 2017 and beyond?
The webinar also allows generous time for a Q&A session.
Visit https://aishealth.com/marketplace/c5a25_102215 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://AISHealth.com.