Dental implants help patients not only restore the appearance and health of their smiles, but can also improve a patients overall quality of life.
New York, New York (PRWEB) November 02, 2015
With over two decades of extensive training and experience in implant dentistry, Dr. Mehrdad Fay is one of the very few highly trained experts in the world that have achieved diplomat status from the American Board of Oral Implantology. With Dr. Fay joining New York Cosmetic and General Dentistry the practice is able to broaden its expert services even further, encouraging everyday people to walk away with healthy, confident, and beautiful smiles.
“We couldn’t be more pleased to have Dr. Fay, and his expertise in dental implants, available to our patients,” said Catrise Austin, D.D.S. “Dental implants have become the gold standard option to replace missing teeth. Implants help patients not only restore the appearance and health of their smiles, but can improve a patients overall quality of life. Dr. Fay's services will greatly help expand our practice and allow us to continue to change our patients lives for the better.”
The American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons has recently noted that over 69% of adults ages 35 to 44 have lost at least one permanent tooth to an accident, periodontal disease, a failed root canal, or tooth decay.
Furthermore, the rising demand for implant dentistry posed by the aging baby boomer generation is said to increase the current 2015 global market just over $7,300,000 to over $10 million in specialty work by 2020.
According to the WebMD website, there are many advantages to dental implants, including:
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. And because they are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent.
- Improved speech. With poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip within the mouth causing you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Improved comfort. Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Easier eating. Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Improved oral health. Dental implants don't require reducing other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Durability. Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
- Convenience. Removable dentures are just that; removable. Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
With the recent release of Dr. Austin and Dr. Fay’s co-authored consumer dental e-book called “The Ultimate Smile Guide: Improve your Smile and Improve Your Life with Dental Implants”, consumers wavering on whether or not dental implants are the best option for them can learn about the full procedure, even prior to visiting New York Cosmetic and General Dentistry for their complimentary implant consultation. This e-book is available for download compliments of Dr. Austin and Dr. Fay at http://www.dentalimplantsofnewyork.com.
About Dr. Mehrdad Fay
After Graduating with honors from University of the Pacific, San Francisco CA in 1992, Dr. Fay practiced cosmetic and general dentistry for 10 years with special interest in implant dentistry.
He then completed a three- year Masters program in advanced education in implant surgery and an additional 3 years in advanced education in prosthodontics at Loma Linda University, Loma Linda California. For the past ten years, Dr. Fay has focused his private practice exclusively on implant dentistry. He has treated many complex full mouth reconstructions. He has a fellowship in American Academy of Implant Dentistry and is diplomat of American Board of Oral implantology/implant dentistry. Dr Fay is amongst very few dentists with such unique combination of skills and credentials nationwide. He is one of the few dual specialist in Implant and Prosthodontics in the country. There are less than 350 dentists in the world that have achieved Diplomat status from the ABOI.
About New York City Cosmetic and General Dentistry
New York City Cosmetic and General Dentistry is a boutique New York-based dental practice located in the heart of Manhattan under the leadership of New York City celebrity cosmetic dentist Dr. Catrise Austin, who was recently named 2015 Top 25 Women In Dentistry by Dental Products Report. This boutique cosmetic dental practice has been serving New York City for 17 years specializing in the latest oral health and smile makeover techniques.
NYC Cosmetic and General Dentistry offers a full range of preventive, restorative and cosmetic dentistry services including dental check-up examinations, dental cleanings, tooth colored fillings, clear removable braces, dental implants, oral surgery, dentures, porcelain veneers and teeth whitening, and more. The practice offers affordable smile solutions with flexible payment plan options. Patients are seen by appointment only.