Washington, DC (PRWEB) October 20, 2015
A variety of post-ACA factors are driving many small business owners to consider alternatives to full-risk coverage. Health insurers are responding with administrative services only (ASO) products designed specifically for smaller businesses. What are the pros and cons for insurers of self-funding versus fully insured plans? How can health plans help employers most effectively with creative funding arrangements, stop-loss protection and risk reduction? What are the most popular ASO product designs? Atlantic Information Services, Inc.’s (AIS) upcoming Oct. 29 webinar, “Self-Funding Strategies for Insurers: Emerging Opportunities in the Small-Group Market,” will offer insight into critical compliance issues associated with self-funding, as well as expert advice on building and selling ASO products from two large health plans that are leaders in this market.
During this 90-minute program, attendees will hear from Ron Rowe, vice president of sales at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City, Lauren Stoddard, marketing product lead for Cigna Funding Solutions, and John Hickman, Esq., who heads Alston & Bird’s Health Benefits practice, who will answer these and other questions:
- What are the advantages of self-funding over fully insured plans for carriers and employers? What are the disadvantages?
- How can insurers determine a client’s risk profile and cash-flow needs?
- How do hybrid ASO products mitigate some risk for small employers?
- How does stop-loss protection help protect smaller employers? What are the options? What are the risks?
- What are the employer’s tax advantages and reporting responsibilities?
- How can insurers help their clients succeed in reducing coverage costs?
- How do client-specific data, plan design flexibility and health improvement programs fit in with self-funding?
The program also includes a 30-minute Q&A session.
Visit https://aishealth.com/marketplace/c5m23_102915 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://AISHealth.com.