"Miami’s world-class shopping venues, restaurants, and beaches have a unique appeal to not only Brazilian home buyers, but all consumers"
Miami, FL (PRWEB) October 26, 2015
Brazil leads all global consumers searching online for South Florida real estate, according to new statistics from the MIAMI Association of REALTORS® (MIAMI), America’s largest local Realtor group. The South American nation of 200 million residents finished as the top international country using MIAMI’s search portal, http://www.Miamire.com, in August 2015.
Brazil, which placed second to Colombia in July 2015 searches, has now ranked as the top foreign nation using http://www.Miamire.com in 14 of the last 15 months. The newly-released statistics also detail rising interest in South Florida real estate from countries such as Spain and Israel.
“Miami’s world-class shopping venues, restaurants, and beaches have a unique appeal to not only Brazilian home buyers, but all consumers,” said Christopher Zoller, a 27-year Miami-based Realtor and the 2015 Residential President of MIAMI. “South Florida is known around the world for its multiculturalism and global business center, and this month’s Website statistics display the strong international interest in local real estate.”
Brazil: A Top Market for South Florida Real Estate
Brazilian home buyers purchase the third-most South Florida real estate among all foreign countries, according to the 2014 Survey of International Home Purchases conducted by the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) for MIAMI. Brazil registered 11 percent of all foreign South Florida deals last year. Venezuelan and Argentinian buyers finished first and second, respectively, at 16 and 12 percent.
Brazilians moving to South Florida are often upper-middle-class families who want to enjoy their prosperity earned in their homeland as professionals and entrepreneurs. Brazilians spend the most on average on Miami-Dade and Broward properties among foreigners: $495,000 average sale price compared to $245,000 among all buyers in Florida.
Interest from Spain, Israel Grows
Consumers from Spain and Israel increased their online interest in South Florida real estate in August 2015. Spain tied its highest-ever finish by finishing with the eighth-most web searches on Miamire.com among foreign countries. Israel recorded its first appearance in the top-10, checking in with the ninth-most online searches among global consumers.
The top-10 countries visiting Miamire.com in August 2015:
The top-10 countries visiting Miamire.com in August 2014:
10. United Kingdom
Top U.S. Markets for Miami
A leading global city, Miami is also a top choice for American real estate consumers. The top-10 states searching Miamire.com in August 2015:
2) New York,
6) North Carolina,
10) New Jersey
1) New York,
9) North Carolina,
Foreign Home Buyers Searching for Miami Real Estate
Nationally, Miami is consistently one of the top markets for most of the highest ranking countries searching for property in the U.S. – including Brazil, Germany, and France. In August 2015, Miami or Fort Lauderdale was a top market for consumers in 12 of the top-20 countries searching for U.S. properties. The top countries (outside the U.S.) where global consumers were most engaged on Realtor.com® & Realtor.com® International and the top-five U.S. markets they searched in August 2015:
1. *Canada: New York, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando
2. United Kingdom: Los Angeles, New York, Orlando, Kissimmee, Fla., Davenport, Fla.
3. Australia: New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Orlando
4. *Germany: Los Angeles, New York, Miami, San Antonio, Colorado Springs
5. *Brazil: Orlando, Miami, New York, Los Angeles, Kissimmee, Fla.
6. Mexico: San Diego, San Antonio, El Paso, Laredo, TX, Houston
7. *France: Miami, Los Angeles, New York, Miami Beach, San Francisco
8. India: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Jose, Calif.
9. *Italy: New York, Miami, Los Angeles, Miami Beach, San Jose, Calif.
10. *Netherlands: New York, Los Angeles, Detroit, Miami, Orlando
11. *Spain: Miami, New York, Los Angeles, Fayetteville, Ga., Orlando
12. Japan: Honolulu, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Antonio, Jacksonville
13. South Korea: Los Angeles, New York, Irvine, Calif, San Antonio, Las Vegas
14. *Sweden: Los Angeles, New York, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, San Francisco
15. *Turkey: New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Boston, Chicago
16. *Switzerland: New York, Miami, Los Angeles, Naples, Fla., Miami Beach
17. Philippines: Los Angeles, Las Vegas, New York, Sacramento, Houston
18. Ireland: New York, Los Angeles, Orlando, Chicago, Boston
19. *South Africa: New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Orlando, Atlanta
20. *Austria: Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Miami Beach, Washington, D.C.
*Countries with Miami and/or Fort Lauderdale as top searches
In August 2015, Miami ranked third among the top-10 overall most searched U.S. cities by non-U.S. consumers. Fort Lauderdale ranked sixth. Combining Miami and Fort Lauderdale would have likely increased South Florida’s ranking.
Top U.S. Cities Searched by International Consumers:
1. New York
2. Los Angeles
5. Las Vegas
6. Fort Lauderdale
7. San Francisco
9. San Diego
About the MIAMI Association of REALTORS®
The MIAMI Association of REALTORS® was chartered by the National Association of Realtors in 1920 and is celebrating 95 years of service to Realtors, the buying and selling public, and the communities in South Florida. Comprised of five organizations, the Residential Association, the Realtors Commercial Alliance, the Broward County Board of Governors, the YPN Council and the award-winning International Council, it represents more than 40,000 real estate professionals in all aspects of real estate sales, marketing, and brokerage. It is the largest local Realtor association in the U.S., and has official partnerships with more than 125 international organizations worldwide. MIAMI’s official website is http://www.miamire.com.