New York, New York (PRWEB) October 22, 2015
October 20, 2015 – The Bassiouni Group (http://www.bassiounigroup.com), a leading Global Development firm specializing in Advisory, Trade & Investment solutions for emerging/frontier markets, today announced that it has won a major contract with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP – http://www.undp.org) in Kenya.
The project entails an evaluation to assess achievements made in influencing good governance, access to justice and human rights in Kenya by three Commissions including The Kenyan National Commission on Human Rights (KNCHR), The National Gender and Equality Commission (NGEC), and The Commission on Administrative Justice (CAJ). The three Commissions were established as successors to the Kenya National Human and Equality Commission (KNHREC), which was created to monitor, implement and operationalize the Bill of Rights. The Bassiouni Group is managing a team of five technical experts representing Kenya, Uganda, Norway, and the United States.
“The three Commissions represent a critical Human Rights milestone in Kenya’s history,” said David Bassiouni, Managing Director of The Bassiouni Group. “We are truly honored to be undertaking this important task of evaluating the achievements of the Commissions and to be working alongside UNDP, the Government of Kenya as well as the Governments of Sweden and Finland. We believe that the Evaluation’s recommendations will contribute significantly to enhancing Kenya’s access to justice and respect for human rights.”
As part of the project, The Bassiouni Group’s team will:
- Assess the relevance of the project in the Kenyan context;
- Determine the contribution of the project to national reform priorities on democratic governance and the programme’s impact on various stakeholders;
- Determine the extent to which the project results were realized by assessing the achievements of the project;
- Assess the extent to which the project resources were utilized for achieving the desired results;
- Identify the factors which facilitated or hindered the achievement of the outcomes, both in terms of the external environment and those internal to the project and document lessons learned and best practices identified;
- Propose doable recommendations for future programmes;
- Produce an evaluation Inception Report including a detailed methodology;
- Produce a Draft Evaluation Report for discussion after field work, data collection and analysis including all annexes of detailed work done and discussions / focus meetings held;
- Produce a Final Evaluation Report that will include an executive summary, introduction, the development context, findings and conclusions, lessons learned, and recommendations; and,
- Present the final report to UNDP and key stakeholders.
The entire project will be overseen by TBG’s Technical Team, which is mobilized to support every project through country intelligence, dedicated research and analysis as well as quality control including the processing and editing of the reports. As a partner to consultant teams throughout the duration of every project, the Technical Team ensures optimal outcomes in line with The Bassiouni Group’s quality standards.
About The Bassiouni Group
Headquartered in New York City, The Bassiouni Group (TBG) is a Global Development firm that provides Consulting, Trade and Investment solutions for governments, international institutions, corporations and communities. The firm is managed by experienced leaders – from the public and private sectors – and it leverages a Global Network comprised of more than 400 experts. TBG’s mission is to create, provide and develop integrated Global Development solutions that empower our clients, positively impact the communities in which they operate and improve the quality of life.