Washington, D.C. (PRWEB) October 20, 2015
WHAT: Five heroic medics and corpsmen will be honored as ‘Angels of the Battlefield’ at the 9th Annual Gala sponsored by the Armed Services YMCA on November 4th. The four men and one woman, representing each of the five service branches of the U.S. military have been chosen for providing life-saving medical treatment, often on the battlefield under fire, and while disregarding their own safety. More than 300 guests, including senior military and enlisted service members alike, will gather to honor the 2015 heroes.
WHO: 2015 Angels Honorees:
- Jay Shearer, a 39-year-old Army medic from Escondido, CA, who saved the life of a Marine who was severely injured and dismembered by an IED that he was attempting to dismantle.
- Joshua Van Horn, a 29-year-old Marine corpsman from Akron, OH, who provided medical aid to several others after an IED strike blasted his convoy while deployed in Helmand Province, Afghanistan.
- Chris Dixon, a 27-year-old Air Force medic from Newfield, ME, who assisted in saving 18 lives while responding to a mass shooting while recently deployed.
- Wayne Papalski, a 29-year-old Navy corpsman from Secaucus, NJ, who rescued a civilian hiker, and the crew sent to rescue her after they became stranded attempting to reach her on a precarious mountain top at 9,000 feet above sea level.
- Mya Dejanakul, a 27-year-old Coast Guard corpsman from Redman, OR, who provided lifesaving care to civilians in remote Alaskan villages who would otherwise not have safe transportation or access to medical treatment.
- Admiral John M. Richardson, Chief of Naval Operations, will deliver the keynote address.
- Kim Dozier, Daily Beast contributor and CNN analyst, will serve as the Mistress of Ceremonies.
- Leigh Ann Hinton, Master Sergeant, United States Army, Concert Soloist, will perform the National Anthem.
WHEN: Wednesday, November 4, 2015
6:30 pm Reception
7:30 pm Program begins
8:30 pm Keynote Speaker Remarks
8:45 pm Angel Honoree Award Presentation
9:30 pm Gala concludes
WHERE: The Four Seasons, 2800 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Washington D.C.
CONTACT: Mary Stewart, Hayes Group (703) 937-7199, mstewart(at)hayespr(dot)com
# # #