“With increasing concerns around cyber security, it’s become critical for organizations to feel confident that their data is protected,” said Chris Crellin, Senior Director of Product Management, Intronis.
Chelmsford, MA (PRWEB) October 22, 2015
To celebrate National Cyber Security Awareness Month, Intronis, LLC., a leading provider of backup and data protection solutions for the IT channel, launched an education campaign, promoting the importance of data protection and offering a variety of tips and best practice resources. National Cyber Security Month encourages Americans to take a vested interest in learning about risks and best practices to ensure the safety of their data online.
Cyber security continues to be a growing concern, with research showing the significant risks SMBs face:
- 81 percent of all data breaches happen to small businesses (Verizon 2013 Data Breach Investigations Report)
- 60 percent of small businesses that experience a cyber attack will go out of business within six months (National Cyber Security Alliance, America’s Small Businesses Must Take Online Security More Seriously)
- 97 percent of data breaches could have been avoided with today’s cloud-based security technology (Verizon 2013 Data Breach Investigations Report)
Intronis’ Cyber Security Resource Center offers a variety of tools to help IT services providers secure their customers’ data. Resources include a new security readiness quiz to quickly assess customers’ security practices, in addition to datasheets, tech guides, on-demand webinars, infographics, and blog posts. Additionally, Intronis will be hosting two webinars in October featuring panel discussions on cyber security and unveiling an e-book that provides details on industry best practices.
“With increasing concerns around cyber security, it’s become critical for organizations to feel confident that their data is protected,” said Chris Crellin, Senior Director of Product Management, Intronis. “At Intronis, we’ve put extra emphasis on equipping our IT service providers with resources to help assure customers that their data is secure, and we’re celebrating National Cyber Security Awareness Month by working with our channel partners to revisit security best practices they can share with their customers.”
To help MSPs rethink strategies for online security, Intronis also compiled 31 cyber security tips for IT service providers. The tips include:
- Plan ahead and have cyber security protection in place long before an attack happens
- Learn how to protect yourself from social engineering and phishing attacks
- Set up an intrusion prevention system and security software on all computers
- Keep all operating systems up to date
- Keep workplace Wi-Fi networks secure, encrypted, and hidden
Intronis is offering a complimentary webinar on Wednesday, October 28 at 2 p.m. ET discussing why social engineering attacks matter, what the most common scams are, and tips and tricks IT service providers can leverage to protect themselves and customers across the digital landscape. For more information and to register for the webinar, visit: http://campaign.intronis.com/Webinar-20151015-CyberSecurity-Training_LP-Registration.html
For more tips and best practices for staying secure and keeping data protected, visit Intronis’ industry and tech blog.
Intronis provides data protection solutions for small businesses, delivered exclusively through the IT channel. The Intronis ECHOplatform securely protects physical and virtual data with native support for physical imaging, VMware, Hyper-V, Exchange, and SQL, all through a re-brandable central management console that integrates with major RMM and PSA tools. With Intronis’ fixed-fee storage pricing per SMB account, IT service providers are able to streamline their pricing strategy and simplify their account management. Intronis was acquired in October 2015 by Barracuda Networks (NYSE: CUDA). Learn more at http://www.intronis.com.