Tysons Corner, Virginia (PRWEB) October 22, 2015
FedCyber Threat Expo, the leading threat conference organized by veteran cyber-security practitioners Matt Devost and Bob Gourley, today announced the event’s full schedule. The 2015 conference will have a special focus on addressing advanced threat issues and will bring together information security thought leaders and practitioners in a venue designed to foster conversation and collective understanding of today’s biggest risks. Some of the industry’s most impressive security minds, both on-stage and in the audience, will discuss the biggest dangers to critical enterprise and government technology environments and infrastructure systems.
The packed, day-long agenda will provide attendees a detailed look at the advanced hacking issues concerning today’s security professionals. Emerging risks will be reviewed and government perspectives on the threat and “nightmare” scenarios from top cyber analysts will be discussed. Other agenda highlights include:
- Representative Will Hurd, the only member of Congress who has been a cyber-security analyst, will provide the opening keynote.
- Lieutenant Colonel Timothy L. Thomas, U.S. Army, Retired and currently part of the U.S. Military’s Foreign Military Studies Office, will give a detailed analysis of the China and Russia threats.
- Ron Carback, defense intelligence officer for cyber at the Department of Defense, will lead a panel of senior cyber-security and intelligence professionals from the DHS, DIA, DoE and FBI.
- Intelligence expert, Terry Roberts, will lead a discussion about emerging technology threats including input and perspectives from retired U.S. Army Colonel and current Chief Security Officer of Armor, Jeffrey Schilling, along with government executives at USMC and DHS.
- Winn Schwartau, highly regarded source on security, privacy, infowar and cyber-terrorism, will lead a panel of five cyber-security strategists in a discussion of nightmare scenarios.
- Rick Ledgett, deputy director of the National Security Agency, will end the day with the closing keynote.
Held annually, the FedCyber Threat Expo brings together several hundred attendees within the public and private sectors. Attendees include CTOs, CIOs, CSOs, Cyber SMEs and practitioners in the fields of cyber defense, threat intelligence and information operations.
The 2015 FedCyber Threat Expo will take place on Tuesday, November 10th, 2015 at the Tyson’s Corner Marriott, 8028 Leesburg Pike, Tysons, VA 22182.
Attendees can register for the event here. All attendees must register to attend; on-site registration is not available. Industry attendees and academic attendees must register by Friday, October 30, 2015. The conference is free to all government and military employees; they must register to attend by Monday, November 9, 2015.
Sponsors of the 2015 FedCyber Threat Expo include: Accenture, Akamai, Armor, Carahsoft, Cisco, Cloudera, Cognitio, ESVA, FireEye, Firemon, FusionX, Invincea, Raytheon, Recorded Future and The Security Awareness Company.
FedCyber Threat Expo is an annual cyber-security event hosted by Matt Devost and Bob Gourley. It brings together several hundred attendees to advance the dialogue on critical enterprise and federal government challenges. More information is available at: http://www.fedcyber.com/, which serves as the community nexus and information aggregator.