McLean, VA (PRWEB) October 28, 2015
Haystax Technology, a leading provider of advanced analytics and cybersecurity solutions, announced that its Haystax School Safety Center was selected for the ‘Most Innovative Technology Award’ at the Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) Challenge, a technology showcase designed to bring innovative technologies and strategies to LCPS to help solve some of the school system’s hard-to-solve problems. Haystax School Safety Center was selected from more than 60 entries and nine finalists, from vendors all over the country. The panel of judges was comprised of leading officials from federal and local government, academia and high-tech industry organizations.
LCPS, a large school district located in the Northern Virginia suburbs just outside Washington DC, is home to 85 schools, serving more than 70,000 students from kindergarten through the 12th grade. As part of the LCPS Challenge, district administrators established safety and security as one of the four challenge subjects, along with administrative decision support systems, 21st-century classroom technologies, and technology and tools to support education solutions.
“We’re thrilled to have been recognized as having the most innovative school safety solution,” said John Boatman, Director of School Safety at Haystax Technology. “This recognition gives further validation to our School Safety Center, which is currently relied upon to protect more than three million students nationwide.”
When awarding Haystax School Safety Center, judges of the LCPS challenge took into consideration the following capabilities of the solution:
- Police chiefs and the county sheriff will gain vastly improved on-the-ground intelligence;
- First responders will have critical information such as floor plans, emergency plans, key contact information and photos of key personnel at their fingertips in a single rapidly accessible location;
- The LCPS superintendent and school principals – as well as school staff and teachers – will have greater situational awareness of threats in and around their campuses, plus the ability to generate analytic reports that can help them make better-informed resourcing and policy planning decisions;
- Officers, security guards and school personnel will have the tools to more quickly report incidents from wherever they may be; and
- Field assessors will be able to streamline the process of conducting safety assessments on each school.
Hosted in the Amazon Web Services cloud environment, the School Safety Center can cost-effectively provide authorized users across multiple and overlapping jurisdictions with a common real-time operating picture of their security environment. And because the system is deployed in the cloud, this operating picture is available anytime and anywhere, on any device, allowing users to better prepare for, mitigate, respond to and recover from any threat or risk they may face.
Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe, keynote speaker at the LCPS Challenge, said the technology showcase should "incentivize more areas and more counties to be doing what you’re doing here today.”
The LCPS Challenge is the brainchild of a group of Northern Virginia-based organizations, including the Innovative Solutions Consortium (ISC), the Loudoun County Department of Economic Development and the Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce.
About Haystax Technology
Haystax Technology, Inc. is a leading provider of advanced analytics and cybersecurity solutions. Haystax provides a full range of services and analytic products to protect and certify mission-critical information and real-time actionable intelligence for total enterprise protection. Haystax solutions are relied upon every day to protect against threats to some of the most mission critical and high profile networks and institutions in the world. Haystax Technology is headquartered in McLean, Virginia, with offices in Herndon, Virginia, Raleigh, North Carolina, and San Francisco. For more information about Haystax, visit http://www.haystax.com or follow Haystax on Twitter @haystaxtech.