By adding technology, we are maximizing student instruction time rather than minimizing it. We can also analyze our student data in real time, make collaborative decisions, and act on them right away to improve the learning experience.
Baltimore, MD (PRWEB) October 27, 2015
How can school districts blend traditional teaching methods with technology to help students achieve their best learning outcomes? Join district educators from Hawaii Technology Academy in a live webinar to learn how their approach to student-centered blended learning is improving outcomes and connecting students to their teachers and communities across the district—and a chain of islands.
Webinar Title: No Student Is an Island: Improving Outcomes With Blended Learning
Date: Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Time: 3 PM ET
Host: Education Week
Sponsor: Connections Learning by Pearson
- Marc Collins, High school math teacher, Hawaii Technology Academy, Oahu, Hawaii
- Donna Therrien, Director of Pedagogical Practice, Hawaii Technology Academy, Oahu, Hawaii
- Evan Pinto, Regional Manager, Virtual Learning, Pearson (moderator)
Seventy-five percent of all U.S. school districts offer online or blended courses, according to Keeping Pace With K-12 Online & Blended Learning (2013).
“By adding technology, we are maximizing student instruction time rather than minimizing it,” said Donna Therrien, Director of Pedagogical Practice at Hawaii Technology Academy. “We can also analyze our student data in real time, make collaborative decisions, and act on them right away to improve the learning experience.”
Webinar attendees will discuss:
- Improving quality of life for students and educators through blended learning
- Stretching existing or limited resources and staff
- Adding project-based learning and authentic assessments into classrooms
- Selecting the right learning management system and online curriculum
- Keeping pace with global evolutions in technology and education
- Maintaining the human element in face-to-face and online course work
Participants may interact with presenters during a live question and answer session. To register for the free, one-hour web seminar on Wednesday, October 28, 2015, at 3:00 PM ET, click here or visit http://www.ConnectionsLearning.com for more information.
About Connections Learning by Pearson
Connections Learning by Pearson is an online learning provider that delivers a full range of quality, affordable, and turnkey online learning solutions to institutions and individuals. Bringing personalized and flexible learning to students everywhere, Connections Learning by Pearson products combine a proven curriculum, the latest instructional tools, certified teachers skilled in online instruction, and state-of-the-art technology. More than 1000 schools, school districts, state departments of education and other educational institutions, serving tens of thousands of students throughout the United States and beyond, utilize Connections Learning by Pearson products and services. Connections Learning by Pearson and its parent company, Connections Education, are part of the global learning company Pearson (NYSE:PSO). For more information, call 888–440–2890 or visit http://www.ConnectionsLearning.com.