Practicing ‘the way to lean’, our company has proposed new products to the market at a more regular takt time, which has contributed to more than 50% sales growth in two years, while keeping headcount constant.
Cambridge, MA (PRWEB) November 02, 2015
There is a natural path for companies to follow to implement a lean management system that is true to the original intent of lean tools and principles. This “way to lean” is laid out over the trilogy of business novels written by Michael Ballé and his father, Freddy: The Gold Mine, The Lean Manager, and, most recently, Lead With Respect. Published by the nonprofit Lean Enterprise Institute (LEI), all have received Shingo Research and Professional Publication Awards.
As novels, the books capture not only the intellectual journey of the learning-by-doing approach to lean management but also the emotional elements inherent in changing the behaviors of managers and executives in order to create continuous improvement cultures across entire organizations. At The Way to Lean free webinar Ballé will cover:
Kaizen (The Gold Mine)
- Understanding deeply lean management’s goal and method.
- Grasping how to see and what to do for lean change.
- Doing kaizen directly with teams.
- Refocusing on customer satisfaction through key lean principles and tools.
Lean Management Systems (The Lean Manager)
- Developing a management system to support kaizen wall-to-wall.
- Establishing a clear direction so kaizen becomes a competitive advantage.
- Creating an organizational structure to support kaizen.
- Understanding lean’s financial impact.
Developing Lean Leaders: (Lead With Respect)
- Producing leaders who will support and grow the management system.
- Developing people to open new paths for improvement.
- Establishing steady kaizen for profitable products and services -- and game-changing innovation.
"Practicing ‘the way to lean’, our company, ACS, has proposed new products to market at a more regular takt time, which has contributed to more than 50% sales growth in two years, while keeping headcount constant," said Stéphane Moreau, engineering director, Advanced Comfort Systems.
LEI recently published The Gold Mine Trilogy Study Guide, a companion book to the three novels that helps business teams apply the trilogy’s lessons. Written by Michael Ballé and LEI Senior Editor Tom Ehrenfeld, the new Trilogy Guide was designed to support group learning that occurs as teams progress through the three book set.
The Way to Lean Webinar with Michael Ballé
- Nov. 4, 2015
- 2 PM (Eastern)
- Register: http://www.lean.org/events/nov_4_webinar.cfm
About the Lean Enterprise Institute
Lean Enterprise Institute Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit based in Cambridge, MA, makes things better through lean research, training, publishing, and events. Founded in 1997 by management expert James P. Womack, PhD, LEI supports other lean initiatives such as the Lean Global Network, the Lean Education Academic Network, and the Healthcare Value Network. Learn more about LEI at http://www.lean.org.