“Our mission is to provide optimal quality of care, comfort, and convenience for patients, while optimizing physician care and coordination of services,” said Maggie Wiegandt, vice-president of Oncology Services for Memorial Healthcare System.
(PRWEB) October 28, 2015
Officials of the Memorial Cancer Institute (MCI) have taken advantage of its latest expansion of the Memorial Breast Cancer Center to offer patients a collaborative environment in which they can see all their specialists under one roof and receive an expedited and comprehensive plan of care to fight breast cancer.
The center will accommodate 700 new breast cancer patients a year, while making room to serve the next generation of survivors in its newly expanded 19,000 square foot facility located at Memorial Regional Hospital.
The freestanding center provides patients with access to MCI’s comprehensive services that include Surgical Oncology, Medical Oncology, Chemotherapy/Infusion and Radiation Oncology Services, Oncology Supportive Care Services and Integrated Medicine thereby addressing the total patient, body, mind and spirit.
As part of the $3.65 million expansion, patients additionally have access to a variety of treatments varying from screening, to diagnosis, and rehabilitation.
“Our mission is to provide optimal quality of care, comfort, and convenience for patients, while optimizing physician care and coordination of services,” said Maggie Wiegandt, vice-president of Oncology Services for Memorial Healthcare System. “Our goal is to treat the entire patient, not just their cancer, by addressing all the needs they will have and challenges they will face throughout their healing journey.”
Memorial Healthcare System serves breast cancer patients with a full line of services at Memorial Hospital West in Pembroke Pines and Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood as part of MCI.
Both facilities additionally provide other women's health services, such as support groups, cancer education, exercise and nutritional classes to strengthen the mind and body, and a variety of therapeutic services and recovery options.
Patients who come to MCI’s Breast Cancer Center can expect:
· An environment designed exclusively for the treatment and recovery of breast cancer
· Bilingual physician team, nationally recognized for their innovation and contribution to ongoing clinical research
· Experienced staff with breast cancer expertise
· Collaboration with a rehabilitation team to ensure recovery extends to wellness after treatment which includes physical therapy options
· Dedication and desire to provide superior, timely treatment with your goals and your family as the focus and priority
· Diagnosis and treatment which are evidence based and compatible with your philosophy to take you into survivorship. Transition back to wellness will include all the resources needed and follow up care detailed to ensure entire spectrum of health is monitored
At Memorial Breast Cancer Center, we concentrate all of our time and resources to comprehensive breast cancer care. This includes:
· A Women’s Imaging Center where a team of radiologists who are exclusively dedicated to evaluating breast images and ensuring their scope of work is specific to breast cancer
· Access to the latest advancements in care through clinical trials
· A Weekly multidisciplinary breast cancer conference where new cases are reviewed by the team of expert physicians before any treatment is initiated
· Lymphedema assessment and prevention strategies
· Annual education events on evolving strategies in breast cancer and prevention
· Breast Cancer rehabilitation
· Survivorship care plans to share with your physician team and survivorship workshops to facilitate transition from treatment to wellness
· An Image Recovery Center
· Accreditation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
· Member of the National Consortium of Breast Centers
About Memorial Cancer Institute:
Memorial Cancer Institute’s multidisciplinary approach to cancer care means that patients have a whole team of cancer specialists on their side. From highly trained physicians to skilled and compassionate nurses, therapists, technicians, social workers and support staff, each member of the team is a highly trained specialist in his or her field.
Memorial Cancer Institute has locations at Memorial Regional Hospital and Memorial Hospital West, as well as Aventura.
For more information, visit memorialcancerinstitute.com or call 954-265-HEAL (4325)