“I'm pleased that we have a strong committee dedicated to finding the best possible candidate to lead Phoenix College. It is a the oldest of the 10 Maricopa colleges and it plays an important role in the life of our community." Chancellor Rufus Glasper
(PRWEB) October 28, 2015
The Maricopa Community Colleges announced today that Chancellor Rufus Glasper has begun a nationwide search process to find a new President for Phoenix College (PC). The search will include opportunities for community and campus involvement.
The goal of the process is to select a new president by early February 2016. The Tri-Chairs of the Search Committee are Christina M. Haines, Interim PC President; John Schampel, Faculty Senate President and member of the Bioscience Faculty; and Adrianna Coronel, Dental Programs Department Chair and member of the Dental Hygiene Faculty.
The District has hired a consultant to help identify and recruit talented candidates for the position, including those who might not be actively looking for a new position, and to help the Search Committee evaluate candidates.
“I'm pleased that we have a strong committee dedicated to finding the best possible candidate to lead Phoenix College,” said Chancellor Rufus Glasper. “This is a the oldest of the 10 Maricopa colleges and it plays an important role in the life of our community. It needs a dedicated president to continue its growth in the future.”
The selection process offers members of the community an opportunity for involvement. Once the Search Committee has identified finalists for the position, community members will be invited to public forums to meet the finalists and provide their reaction to the candidates.
More information is available at http://www.phoenixcollege.edu/about/presidential-search
Here is the approximate timeline for the search process:
- Until November 8, 2015. Advertising and Recruitment Efforts. November 8 is the soft deadline to receive all requested application materials from interested persons. Materials received after this date cannot be guaranteed full consideration by the Search Committee. The search firm is involved in the ongoing evaluation and appraisal of the backgrounds of those who express an interest in the position.
- Week of December 2. Selection of semifinal candidates to be interviewed by the Search Committee.
- Week of December 14. Semifinal Candidate Interviews. This is a confidential search process. The identities of those who are interviewed at this time remain confidential - forever.
- Week of January 11, 2016. Final Candidate Interviews. Final Candidates visit the College and participate in a variety of activities, meet with various constituent groups and will include a Public Forum. Only the identities of Final Candidates will be made public.
- January 2016. Successful candidate announced.
- July 1, 2016. Desired start of successful candidate (or sooner dependent on availability)
The new president will replace Dr. Anna Solley, who served as Interim President of the College for 15 months and President for nine years before retiring earlier in 2015.
The Maricopa Community Colleges includes 10 colleges – Chandler-Gilbert, Estrella Mountain, GateWay, Glendale, Mesa, Paradise Valley, Phoenix, Rio Salado, Scottsdale and South Mountain. It also includes the Maricopa Skill Center, Southwest Skill Center, the Maricopa Corporate College and several satellite campuses and business/industry, technical and customized training institutes.
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.