YONKERS, N.Y. (PRWEB) October 29, 2015
Macerich (NYSE:MAC) today announced that the one-of-a-kind Cross County Shopping Center will open six new retailers, including Michael Kors, Skechers, Sunglass Hut, Noodles & Company Burrata Pizza and Jamba Juice. The addition of these popular brands is part of ongoing re-merchandising effort at the largest outdoor shopping center in Westchester County, which is owned by Brooks Shopping Center, LLC, and managed by Macerich.
“Since completing a $250 million renovation and redevelopment in 2011, the center has continued to update the mix of fashion retailers and restaurants at Cross County Shopping Center,” said James Stifel, chief investment officer for Benenson Capital Partners, LLC, and representative for Brooks Shopping Center. “We are excited to bring in brands that are both new to the market and are a perfect complement to the current offerings that meet the needs of our shoppers. Noodles & Company, Jamba Juice and Skechers at Cross County will be first-to-market locations in Westchester County.”
- Michael Kors is a world-renowned, award-winning designer of luxury accessories and ready-to-wear. The new 3,000 square-foot store will feature accessories, footwear, watches, jewelry, women’s ready-to-wear, eyewear and a line of fragrance products. The store will open in early fall across from New York & Company.
- A $2 billion global leader in the high performance and lifestyle footwear industry, Skechers USA, Inc. designs, develops and markets more than 3,000 styles for men, women and children. The new store will encompass 3,200 square feet near Swarovski. Skechers is anticipated to open in late fall 2015.
- The Sunglass Hut mission is to be the premier shopping and inspiration destination for the top brands, latest trends and exclusive styles of high quality fashion and performance sunglasses. The store will feature brands such as Ray Ban, Oakley, Alexander McQueen, Burberry, Tom Ford, Dolce & Gabbana and more. Sunglass Hut will be located near American Eagle Outfitters in just under 1,000 square feet. The store officially opened this October.
- Noodles & Company offers the world’s favorite noodle dishes, sandwiches, salads and soups, all in one restaurant. Each dish is carefully hand made to guests’ specifications, using only the freshest ingredients. Dishes are inspired by the individuality, creativity and cultural heritage of cuisines from around the globe. From Penne Rosa to Japanese Pan Noodles, The Med Salad, Thai Curry Soup, and Wisconsin Mac & Cheese, only the most authentic ingredients make the cut. Noodles & Company will be located near Old Navy in 2,500 square feet and will open for the 2015 holiday season.
- Burrata Pizza is an Eastchester favorite for traditional wood-fired pizza and Napoleon fare. Chef and owner Chas Anderson will be opening a 325 square foot kiosk in early 2016 at Cross County Shopping Center to serve up slices with a modern, youthful and artisanally correct flare that both kids and adults will love.
- For nearly 20 years, Jamba Juice has been serving up simply delicious, refreshing and nutritious snacks. And, now Jamba Juice will open in a convenient 375 square foot kiosk near Children’s Place later this summer. Guests can enjoy menu items including smoothies, frozen yogurt, juices and healthy baked goods.
“Opening these six new stores, in addition to the new Hyatt Place New York/Yonkers Hotel, which opened this past April, is part of an ongoing leasing strategy to continue to attract shoppers from both Westchester and The Bronx,” said Claude Chandonnet, president and CEO at Marx Realty and executive vice president for Brooks Shopping Centers. “Cross County Shopping Centers’ strengths lie in the diverse mix of retail, food and entertainment options, as well as the ease of access and navigation through the shopping center.”
Keep updated with more new store openings and special events for the 2015 holiday season at http://www.crosscountycenter.com.
Built in 1954, Cross County Shopping Center is one of the country’s original open-air retail venues and, at more than 1,080,000-square feet, continues to be one of the largest and most successful open-air retail destinations in operation. Located at the intersection of Cross County Parkway and New York State Thruway (I-87), the center is anchored by Macy’s, Sears, Super Stop & Shop and National Amusement Multiplex Theatre, and features 100 high-quality retailers including Zara, Swarovski and Steve Madden. Cross County Shopping Center also features convenient amenities including free parking in open and covered lots, a fitness center by Equinox, banks and restaurants. For more information about Cross County Shopping Center visit http://www.crosscountyshoppingcenter.com.
Cross County Shopping Center was developed in the 1950s by Sol Atlas and subsequently acquired by Brooks Shopping Centers LLC. The group’s majority partners include Benenson Capital Partners, LLC, the New York-based firm dating back to 1905 whose holdings include over 200 properties throughout the United States, Canada and Europe; and Merchant’s National Properties, Inc., a prominent real estate development company.
Macerich, an S&P 500 company, retained to manage Cross County Shopping Center in 2006, is a fully integrated self-managed and self-administered real estate investment trust, which focuses on the acquisition, leasing, management, development and redevelopment of regional malls throughout the United States. Macerich currently owns 55 million square feet of real estate and specializes in successful retail properties in many of the country's most attractive, densely populated markets. Additional information about Macerich can be obtained from the Company's website: http://www.macerich.com.