“Data that powers our lives is growing exponentially and is no longer used by only one person. Instead, it is constantly changing and must be co-managed across many different teams and contexts in our professional and personal lives.”
Washington, DC (PRWEB) November 02, 2015
Personal.com’s Personal Cloud for Office app is now available for free in the Microsoft Office 365 Store, allowing users to access their most important data securely within popular Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
Personal.com is a venture-backed startup that originally captured the market’s attention with its Personal Data Vault – a secure, cloud-based application for individuals to manage over 1,200 different types of personal information, including bank and credit card numbers, account information, travel rewards, Wi-Fi, IDs, passwords and more. The Personal Cloud for Office is an extension of this architected around collaboration and co-management of data by multiple people with permission, especially at work, for example:
- Filling out a form in Word that requires sensitive information co-managed in Personal
- Transferring corporate information and passwords from an Excel spreadsheet into Personal so employees have permissions-based access to it
- Grabbing a secure link for a Wi-Fi code or password from Personal and posting it in Project
“Since launching Personal, there has been a seismic shift in how individuals and teams communicate and collaborate using cloud-based apps and services, especially in the enterprise, but also in the home,” said Shane Green, co-founder and CEO of Personal. “Data that powers our lives is growing exponentially and is no longer used by only one person. Instead, it is constantly changing and must be co-managed across many different teams and contexts in our professional and personal lives.”
Green added: “Microsoft made their apps the gold-standard for office and personal productivity, so we are excited to launch these new data productivity and collaboration features for the first time directly within their Office apps. Spreadsheets can finally get back to crunching numbers rather than storing sensitive data.”
Features supported by Personal Cloud for Office include:
- Collaborate and Sync: Data can be shared at a granular level with other users or teams, who can help to keep the data up to date. Updates sync automatically across devices and collaborators with access;
- Instant Search: Search, add, or edit information by opening the Personal Cloud inside a Microsoft Office application, including data shared by others;
- Copy and Paste Inside Documents and Spreadsheets: Users can easily copy and paste to or from their Personal Cloud and Microsoft Office applications;
- Data Control: Users alone have the keys to their Personal Cloud. Personal does not use or share any cloud data without users’ explicit permission and users can always revoke data access.
- Privacy and Security: Bank-level security and setting standards for privacy and trust. For more, see https://www.personal.com/security/.
Personal is revolutionizing the way people, teams and businesses co-manage and collaborate on the essential data that powers the office and home. Built on Personal’s award-winning privacy- and security-by-design platform, the Personal Cloud and apps dramatically boost productivity, reduce wasted time and hassle, and unlock entirely new data-driven experiences with user-permissioned data.