Portfolio 2016 is DAM for the rest of us. It’s simple to set up, easy to use, and requires little to no ongoing maintenance.
Portland, Ore. (PRWEB) November 03, 2015
Extensis® today announced the immediate availability of Extensis Portfolio™ 2016, the digital asset management system designed to help companies and workgroups of all sizes efficiently manage asset creation, organization and utilization. Boasting powerful new features including version control, asset check-out and check-in, file locking and secure storage, Portfolio 2016 turbo charges content development workflows while offering peace of mind that assets are protected.
Designed with small and medium-sized businesses in mind, Portfolio 2016 introduces a new modular pricing structure so companies can start with the essentials, and add features and capacity as their needs grow.
“Portfolio 2016 is DAM for the rest of us. It’s simple to set up, easy to use, and requires little to no ongoing maintenance,” said Toby Martin, Vice President of Development & Strategy at Extensis. “Within moments, you can organize your digital files and share them throughout your organization and beyond, allowing everyone to find what they need, in the moment they need it.”
Dan Hudson, president and founder of E-Spec noted: “Effective digital asset management is critical to any company that has a large collection of digital content. This is especially true in the retail industry where we see customers working with thousands to millions of assets, and often a multitude of versions. The new features in Portfolio 2016 will be invaluable for their workflow.”
Portfolio 2016 Highlights
Portfolio 2016 is loaded with the features customers need to create, organize, find, share, and protect their assets while supporting an open, collaborative workflow. Key new features to accelerate content development and facilitate the creative process include:
- Dependable Version Control & Revision Tracking: Automatically tracks changes and gives easy access to previous versions and originals.
- Asset Check-Out and Check-In: Keeps everyone in sync by allowing users to check out files for editing and prevent simultaneous changes.
- File Locking: Ensures compliance and prevents misuse by enabling designated assets to be locked.
- Secure, Centralized Storage: Assets are stored in a digital vault to prevent mishaps and capture snapshots for version recovery.
These new features build on the rich set of functionality Portfolio is known for, including:
- Predictive, Google®-like search (delivers results in milliseconds, leveraging Elasticsearch®)
- Advanced search that can be saved as Smart Galleries
- Convenient automatic cataloging of watched folders
- Powerful metadata & keyword tagging
- Convenient automatic cataloging
- Instant asset distribution with Portfolio NetPublish®
- Drag and drop desktop access with Portfolio Express
- Systems integration with Portfolio’s RESTful API
- Mobile upload from any iOS or Android™ device using Portfolio Flow®
- Built-in backup and restore with a single click
- Flexible user management with permission-based roles
- Built-in support for Active Directory / Open Directory
- Optional Single Sign-On with LDAP integration
- On-Premise or cloud-based hosting
To see a full list of features and learn more about Portfolio 2016, click here.
“What’s New” Webcast
A “What’s New” product webcast will take place on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time. New features will be demonstrated and a product expert will be available for questions. To attend, register here.
Pricing & Availability
Portfolio 2016 is available immediately and starts at an estimated retail price of $6,000US. Competitive upgrades are available for a variety of products, including Final Cut Pro Server®. Existing Portfolio users with a current annual service agreement (ASA) will receive product upgrades free of charge, and upgrade pricing is also available for existing Portfolio customers.
Portfolio 2016 is available in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Japanese.
Celebrating more than two decades in business, Extensis® is a leading developer of software and services for creative professionals and workgroups. Their solutions streamline workflows, securely manage digital assets and fonts, and control corporate typographic branding. Used by hundreds of Fortune 5000 companies, Extensis’ award-winning server and desktop products include: Portfolio® for digital asset management, Universal Type Server® for server-based font management, and Suitcase Fusion® for single-user font management. Founded in 1993, Extensis is based in Portland, Oregon, and the United Kingdom. For additional information, visit http://www.extensis.com
© Celartem, Inc. d.b.a. Extensis All rights reserved. Extensis and the Extensis logo mark, Suitcase Fusion, Portfolio Server, Portfolio NetPublish, Portfolio Flow and Universal Type Server are trademarks or registered trademarks of Extensis in the United States of America, Canada, the European Union and/or other countries. This list of trademarks is not exhaustive. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of Extensis or other respective owners.
ElasticSearch is a trademark of ElasticSearch BV, registered in the U.S. and in other countries
Google is a registered trademark of Google Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.