“It’s an honor and privilege to serve our great industry and the more than 6,000 member companies of the American Land Title Association,” said John Hollenbeck NTP.
Washington, DC (PRWEB) November 03, 2015
The American Land Title Association (ALTA), the national trade association of the land title insurance industry, announced that John Hollenbeck NTP has been named president for the 2015-2016 year.
“It’s an honor and privilege to serve our great industry and the more than 6,000 member companies of the American Land Title Association,” said John Hollenbeck NTP, ALTA president and executive vice president at Santa Ana, California-based First American Title Insurance Company.
“I believe this will be another productive year for our association as we have much to accomplish together,” Hollenbeck stated. “Our 2016 ALTA strategic objectives include: continuing the implementation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s Know Before You Owe regulation, advancing the adoption of the ALTA Best Practices, improving our consumer education efforts, promoting industry compliance and expanding our focus on cyber-security risks.”
The 11-member ALTA Board of Governors is responsible for promoting the industry, creating association policy, managing the financial health of the association and ensuring the overall welfare of the association.
“John has spent his entire professional career serving the land title industry and we greatly appreciate his perspective and dedication on the ALTA Board of Governors,” said Michelle Korsmo, chief executive officer of ALTA. “Our association will continue to adapt and grow under John’s leadership. As our members face an ever-changing marketplace, increased regulation and changes in consumer demand, John’s 35 years as an industry leader will be invaluable as we work to provide solutions for our members to succeed in the market, and continue to deliver peace of mind and protect property rights for consumers.”
Hollenbeck’s full biography and headshot is available here: http://www.alta.org/images/vipbios/0041626.pdf
Members of ALTA’s 2015-2016 Board of Governors are:
- President: John Hollenbeck NTP (Santa Ana, Calif.)
- President-Elect: Dan Mennenoh (Galena, Ill.)
- Treasurer: Steven Day (Jacksonville, Fla.)
- Chair of Finance Committee: Jack Rattikin III (Fort Worth, Texas)
- Agents Section Chair: Cynthia Blair NTP (Columbia, S.C.)
- Agents Section Representative: Bill Burding (Santa Ana, Calif.)
- Agents Section Representative: Richard Welshons (Hastings, Minn.)
- Underwriters Section Chair: Stewart Morris Jr. (Houston, Texas)
- Underwriters Section Representative: Mary O’Donnell (Maitland, Fla.)
- Underwriters Section Representative: Dan Wold (Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Immediate Past President: Diane Evans NTP (Denver, Colo.)
The American Land Title Association, founded in 1907, is the national trade association representing more than 6,000 title insurance companies, title and settlement agents, independent abstracters, title searchers, and real estate attorneys. With offices throughout the United States, ALTA members conduct title searches, examinations, closings, and issue title insurance that protects real property owners and mortgage lenders against losses from defects in titles.