Denver, CO (PRWEB) November 04, 2015
Investment Management Consultants Association® (IMCA®) announced today the appointment of four officers and three new director members to its 2016 volunteer board of directors. The volunteer board governs IMCA and guides the organization as the fiduciary, policy-setting, and strategic governing body of the organization.
The board officers who will begin two-year terms commencing January 1, 2016, are:
1. Chair, Scott G. Thayer, CIMA®—Institutional Consulting Director, Graystone Consulting, Santa Rosa, CA (IMCA board director since 2008). Mr. Thayer’s career began at E.F. Hutton in 1983. In his current role, he runs a large-scale institutional consulting team that specializes in investment policy, portfolio construction, and risk management issues for foundation and endowment clients in the United States and abroad. In 2015, he was named one of Barron’s “Top 30 Institutional Consultants.” He has been an IMCA member since 1993 and served on several committees, including the Technical Advisory Board, International Steering Committee, and the Finance, Audit, and Investments Committee.
2. Vice Chair, Kevin Sánchez, CIMA®, CPWA®, CFP®—Senior Vice President–Investments, Senior Institutional Consultant, UBS Institutional Consulting, Walnut Creek, CA (IMCA board director since 2012). In his role at UBS, he works with private clients and boards of nonprofit organizations, foundations, and endowments on investment policies, portfolio design and implementation, and fiduciary liability review. Mr. Sánchez has served as chair of the IMCA Annual Conference Committee and board liaison to the Membership Committee.
3. Treasurer, David Koulish, CPWA®—Senior Vice President and Manager–Wealth Management Investment Risk and Compliance, Northern Trust, Ft. Lauderdale, FL (IMCA board director since 2012). Mr. Koulish has more than 30 years of experience in portfolio and wealth management, focused on developing and implementing investment strategies to help clients transfer, preserve, and grow their wealth. He is most recently focused on investment risk management. Mr. Koulish serves as chair of the Investments & Wealth Monitor Editorial Advisory Board.
4. Secretary, Stewart Koesten, CIMA®, M.S.F.S., CFP®—Executive Chairman, KHC Wealth Management, Overland Park, KS (IMCA board director since 2012). Mr. Koesten opened his independent advisory firm in 1997 to provide financial consulting services to executives of public and private companies. Mr. Koesten currently serves on several IMCA committees, has chaired the IMCA Membership Committee, and has been an IMCA member for 13 years.
The incoming board directors who commence two-year terms on January 1, 2016, are:
1. Christine Gaze, CIMA®—Founder and President, Purpose Consulting Group, New York, NY. Ms. Gaze and her team at Purpose Consulting Group work with asset managers and wealth-management firms to develop thought leadership and training programs that deliver results. She has held a variety of leadership positions at Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, AllianceBernstein, and TD Ameritrade during her career. She is a member of IMCA’s Specialty Conference Committee and earned the CIMA certification in 2005.
2. Brian Ullsperger, CIMA®, AIF®, AAMS®, CMFC®—Managing Director, Andersen Investment Advisory Services, Ashburn, VA. Mr. Ullsperger manages a registered investment advisory practice that provides investment, tax, and wealth advisory services. An IMCA member and CIMA professional since 2004, he served as chair of the IMCA Annual Conference Committee and serves on IMCA’s Government Relations Committee.
3. Kelly Walsh, CIMA®, RCC®—National Director, Advisor Coaching, Credential Financial, Vancouver, BC, Canada. Ms. Walsh currently works with top Canadian advisors to help them enhance their books of business and offer full wealth-management services to their clients. She serves as chair of IMCA’s Membership Committee, and has been an active IMCA member since 2006.
IMCA’s current chair, John Nersesian, CIMA®, CPWA®, CFP®, CIS—Managing Director, Nuveen Investments, Chicago, IL, serves an additional term as past chair through 2017.
Contact: Ryan Hoffman, Communications Director. P: 303.850.3079. E-mail: rhoffman(at)imca(dot)org. Twitter:@IMCA.
Established in 1985, Investment Management Consultants Association® (IMCA®) is a nonprofit professional association and credentialing organization with more than 10,000 individual members and certificants worldwide. IMCA members collectively manage more than $2.477 trillion, providing investment consulting and wealth management services to individual and institutional clients. Since 1988, IMCA has offered the Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®) certification, which earned accreditation by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) in April 2011, making it the first financial services credential in the United States to meet international standards (ISO 17024) for personnel certification. IMCA’s Certified Private Wealth Advisor® (CPWA®) certification is suited for wealth management professionals working with high-net-worth clients. In 2014, IMCA conferences and workshops hosted nearly 4,000 attendees.
IMCA® and Investment Management Consultants Association® are registered trademarks of Investment Management Consultants Association Inc. CIMA®, Certified Investment Management Analyst®, CIMC®, CPWA®, and Certified Private Wealth Advisor® are registered certification marks of Investment Management Consultants Association Inc. Investment Management Consultants Association Inc. does not discriminate in educational opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.