MEMPHIS, Tenn. (PRWEB) November 06, 2015
TruGreen, the nation’s largest lawn care company, is expanding its offerings with the launch of a new irrigation system maintenance and repair business. TruGreen Sprinkler Repair and Maintenance™ brings TruGreen’s decades of lawn care expertise to services such as repairs, system openings and winterization. Currently available in select cities in Florida, Missouri, Nebraska, Arkansas and Tennessee, TruGreen Sprinkler Repair and Maintenance will be launching in more than a dozen markets in 2016.
“At TruGreen, we are always looking for ways to enhance our services and provide even greater value to our customers. Expanding into irrigation system maintenance and repair is a natural fit for us, and brings customers an added level of convenience and efficiency,” said TruGreen Vice President Brent Armstrong. “TruGreen Sprinkler Repair and Maintenance is not only a perfect complement to our core business, enabling us to grow and expand, it also underscores our core purpose of helping customers Live Life Outside on beautiful, healthy lawns.”
TruGreen Sprinkler Repair and Maintenance service offerings include:
- Sprinkler head repair and adjustment
- Sprinkler leak repair
- Timer box adjustment
- Rain sensor testing and repair
- Zone adjustments
- System renovations and updates
- Backflow testing
Proper watering is an essential component to keeping a healthy lawn, however, a common mistake that many homeowners make is watering too much and too often. A well-planned watering system can help avoid this problem, which not only wastes water and money, but can be harmful to your lawn and landscape. TruGreen Sprinkler Repair and Maintenance specialists are trained in the latest irrigation technologies and processes, and can help protect lawns by ensuring a properly watered landscape.
Understanding how much water plants need, and periodically monitoring and maintaining irrigation systems are the keys to saving both water and money. To support healthy lawns the TruGreen Sprinkler Repair and Maintenance team provides a few watering tips:
- Established lawns should be watered deeply and infrequently
- Lawns typically require one to one and a half inches of water per week for optimal growth and appearance. An empty tuna can can be placed in the watering pattern to measure this amount.
- The best time to water is in the morning and in non-windy conditions. This conserves water and allows grass to dry before evening. Grass that remains wet for long periods of time is more susceptible to disease development.
- A lawn needs water when the turfgrass changes from bright green to dull gray
- Another sure sign for homeowners to water their lawns is when turfgrass wilting is evident (footprints remain in the grass, mower lines are evident). Always check local water ordinances to ensure you’re watering in accordance with recent guidelines.
For more information on TruGreen Sprinkler Repair and Maintenance, please visit http://www.trugreen.com/products-and-services/sprinkler-repair-and-maintenance/.
Memphis, Tenn.-based TruGreen is the nation’s largest lawn care company, serving more than 1.9 million residential and commercial customers across the United States with lawn, tree and shrub care. TruGreen believes more life should be lived outside and is committed to providing a beautiful lawn to serve as the foundation for outside experiences and lifelong memories. As the leader in the professional lawn care industry, TruGreen helps define responsible lawn care practices, conducts industry-leading education and training for our people, pioneers new application technologies and educates our customers on proper mowing and wise-use watering techniques. Today, there are approximately 260 TruGreen lawn care branches and satellite offices in the United States and Canada. Go to http://www.TruGreen.com or http://www.facebook.com/TruGreen for more information about TruGreen.