(PRWEB) November 06, 2015
NDS, Inc., the leading provider of stormwater management solutions for both residential and commercial applications, will be showcasing its S5™ Sustainable Stormwater Solution at the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) 2015 EXPO from Nov. 7-8, 2015, in Chicago. NDS's staff of landscape architects will be giving presentations of S5 every hour at the top of the hour.
Nov. 7-8, 2015
Hall D – Booth #642
McCormick Place – Lakeside Center
2301 South Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60616
S5 is a new, innovative system that utilizes many NDS components, such as catch basins, channel drains and Flo-Wells, that are commonly used by landscape architects, civil engineers and environmental engineers. A highly flexible and scalable single source solution, S5 can be configured to meet a wide variety of residential and commercial applications and is engineered for high performance to meets today's regulations for on site stormwater management.
By bringing these components together in one system, S5 aligns with Low Impact Development regulatory policies and is easy to specify. Additionally, S5 uses runoff reduction and quality enhancement to manage stormwater as close to the source as possible. Compared to traditional, gravel-only stormwater systems, S5 detains 250 percent more water volume and qualifies for LEED credits.
NDS’s S5 system delivers five key sustainable benefits for both commercial and residential projects:
1. Improved conservation: S5 conserves stormwater on-site through filtration, detention and infiltration often caused by drought, pollution and storms that threaten the quality and quantity of clean water.
2. Better management: S5 manages rainfall on-site by mimicking pre-development hydrology as closely as possible and reducing downstream impact by using smaller, decentralized controls for filtration, detention and infiltration.
3. Enhanced flexibility: S5 empowers planners to adapt the system footprint to the specific environmental conditions of an application. This enables preservation of a site's unique features (instead of negatively altering a location with heavy-handed stormwater management infrastructure).
4. Superior mitigation: S5 filters debris and other suspended solids and limits downstream erosion through detention and infiltration components that reduce peak overflows.
5. Greater replenishment: S5 promotes subsurface recharge to balance groundwater withdrawal, which helps to reduce the future impact of this limited resource in communities.
To learn more about S5 sustainable stormwater management solution, visit http://www.ndspro.com/S5.
About NDS Inc.:
NDS, Inc. is a leader in stormwater management for both residential and commercial markets. Since 1972, NDS has served as a primary source for stormwater management, efficient landscape irrigation and water flow management products and solutions. Headquartered in Woodland Hills, California, NDS is a proud member of the NORMA Group SE of companies that is a global water management and innovation leader in engineered-joining technology. For more information about NDS, visit http://www.ndspro.com.
# # #