McKees Rocks, PA (PRWEB) November 08, 2015
The McKees Rocks Community Development Corporation (MRCDC) invites community members and visitors from around the region to celebrate the start of the holiday season with live entertainment and attractions at “Jingle Bell Rocks” on Wednesday, November 18 from 6-9 p.m.
“Jingle Bell Rocks will serve as a celebration for both Sto-Rox residents and an invitation to visitors from around the region to discover the new emerging downtown district of lower Chartiers Avenue,” said Taris Vrcek, MRCDC executive director.
This rebirth is symbolized by the completion of the first pilot project of MRCDC’s facade program, Hollowood Music & Sound’s storefront, facade, and reconstruction/installation of the store’s iconic guitar sign on its 50th anniversary. The sign is now displayed as founder Jim Hollowood, Sr. originally envisioned it.
New restaurants such as the New Orleans themed Rocks Landing will mingle with old favorites like Pierogies Plus and Fortunes Gourmet Coffee to provide a unique ‘taste of the Rocks’ while a number of great food trucks from around the region will fill out the food and beverage options for the evening.
Jingle Bell Rocks, a family-friendly event, will take place on multiple locations along Chartiers Avenue with:
- Live Music Performances and Grand Lighting of the New Hollowood Music & Sound Facade and Sign at Hollowood Music & Sound, 601 Chartiers Avenue.
- Food and Beverages from Various Food Trucks and Local Vendors at the Roxian Commons, 507 Chartiers Avenue.
- Coffee and Hot Chocolate provided by Fortunes Gourmet Coffee, Pictures with Santa, Holiday Readings by Mrs. Claus at the Father Ryan Arts Center, 420 Chartiers Avenue.
- Horse and Carriage Rides at McKees Rocks Plaza, 418 Chartiers Avenue. This rides are sponsored by The Shoppes at Chartiers Crossing.
- Caroling by Local Choirs and Bands on Main Street.