Chapel Hill, N.C. (PRWEB) November 09, 2015
The University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School honored six alumni at its 17th annual Alumni Association Awards ceremony on Nov. 6.
The awards recognize members of the UNC Kenan-Flagler community who personify the School’s core values of excellence, leadership, integrity, community and teamwork.
“These awards celebrate alumni who have distinguished themselves through their careers, their contributions to the broader community and their service to UNC Kenan-Flagler,” said Douglas A. Shackelford, dean of UNC Kenan-Flagler and Meade H. Willis Distinguished Professor of Taxation. “We recognize them as role models for the graduates who follow them.”
Three Alumni Association Awards were presented:
- Lonnie Craven Poole, Jr. (MBA ’64) of New Smyrna Beach, Florida, founder and former chairman, Waste Industries USA, received the Business School Leadership Award for exceptional achievement in a career field, personal endeavor or service to UNC Kenan-Flagler.
- Jeffrey K. Tucker (MBA ’00) of Dallas, Texas, managing director and chief operating officer, Century Bridge Capital, received the Global Leadership Award for global participation and initiative to advance the School’s education, research and public service mission.
- Jim Jones (MBA ’06) of Glenview, Illinois, partner at William Blair Investment Management, received the Outstanding Young Alumni Award for leadership in career accomplishments and exceptional commitment to the School.
Three Alumni Merit Awards from UNC Kenan-Flagler’s degree programs were presented to alumni who personify the School’s tradition of excellence:
- Richard L. Michaux (MBA ’73) of Washington, D.C., chairman emeritus, AvalonBay Communities
- Janet L. Davis (BA ’73, MBA ’89) of Cary, North Carolina, retired CEO of ShopperTrak RCT Corporation and active board member
- H. Paul Chapman (BSBA ’74) of Charlotte, North Carolina, retired senior audit partner at KPMG and professor of the practice at UNC Kenan-Flagler
About the University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School
Consistently ranked one of the world's best business schools, UNC Kenan-Flagler is known for its collaborative culture that stems from its core values: excellence, leadership, integrity, community and teamwork. Professors excel at both teaching and research, and demonstrate unparalleled dedication to students. Graduates are effective, principled leaders who have the technical and managerial skills to deliver results in the global business environment. UNC Kenan-Flagler offers a rich portfolio of programs and extraordinary, real-life learning experiences: Undergraduate Business, full-time MBA, Executive MBA Programs (Evening, Weekend and global OneMBA®), online MBA@UNC, UNC-Tsinghua Dual-Degree EMBA, Master of Accounting, PhD, Executive Development, and UNC Business Essentials programs. It is home to the Frank Hawkins Kenan Institute of Private Enterprise.