“We’ve designed the user experience of Colligo Email Manager for iOS to be highly engaging so employees will want to use it as their primary business email app, as well as ensuring that they keep their personal emails separate,” says Barry Jinks, Colligo.
European SharePoint Conference, Stockholm, Sweden (PRWEB) November 10, 2015
- Mobile devices are now the primary computing platform in business. As a result, smartphones and tablets are generating and holding more electronic records than ever before. This is creating a challenge for the management of risk in large organizations.
- Colligo bridges the gap between what employees want (easy to use apps for their iPhone or iPad) and what the enterprise needs (a secure mobile records management solution).
Colligo, a leader in mobile content management (MCM) solutions for Microsoft SharePoint, Office 365 and OneDrive for Business, today announces the newest addition to the Colligo Engage platform, Colligo Email Manager for iOS, the industry’s first iOS email app to integrate SharePoint/Office 365 records management capabilities.
Mobile devices represent a significant challenge for managing corporate records, particularly emails and attachments because mobile email apps and file sync apps are often insecure and don’t integrate with records management systems. This leads to increased legal risks because of several factors:
- Personal and business email and documents can become co-mingled, increasing risk of inadvertent data loss;
- There is no way to create and manage email and document records on mobile devices in accordance with regulatory, legal and business policies;
- Electronic records cannot be located on mobile devices during litigation (e-discovery); and
- There is no way to enforce policies such as legal holds during litigation.
Colligo Email Manager for iOS solves these problems by integrating Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, Office 365 and OneDrive for Business into a secure user-friendly email app that supports the creation, classification and storage of emails, attachments and documents as records in SharePoint.
The app is managed through the Colligo console, providing the capability to securely deploy business email and documents (to an encrypted cache) and setup policies on mobile devices while centrally monitoring and reporting on the location and disposition of records.
A Complete Email Management Solution for Enterprise Mobile Workers
With this latest app, Colligo is the only vendor to offer a complete solution for email management that spans desktop and mobile devices. Using Colligo Engage, organizations can capture all emails as records through its specialized apps: Colligo Email Manager for Outlook and Colligo Email Manager for iOS. Employees now have the tools to remain compliant no matter where they are working and what device they use.
“We’ve designed the user experience of Colligo Email Manager for iOS to be highly engaging so employees will want to use it as their primary business email app, as well as ensuring that they keep their personal emails separate,” says Barry Jinks, President and CEO of Colligo. “The records management functions are so easy to use, this new app encourages employees to adhere to policies. Coupled with the Colligo Console running on Microsoft Azure, IT can monitor and manage compliance centrally. The Colligo Engage solution is a great alternative to heavy weight Enterprise Mobile Management (EMM) systems for mobile email and records management applications.”
Colligo Email Manager for iOS features:
- A “single pane of glass” view into Exchange, SharePoint, Office 365 and OneDrive for Business content to maximize productivity;
- Configurable caching of content: allows users to view, file and work with SharePoint documents and Exchange emails while on-the-go, even when offline. Ability to sync at the site, library and folder level, or limit replication to local cache using “live download” capability;
- Smart two-way synchronization: support for versioning on upload and conflict resolution for duplicate email/attachment upload;
- A native, feature-rich user experience: support for full email and records management features, including:
- Supports common Exchange email functions, including integration with on-device contact lists
- Supports common SharePoint/Office 365 document functions, including the enforcement of legal holds
- Creation of records from emails, attachments or documents and save in SharePoint/Office 365,
- Classification of records through automatic and customized metadata capture, including support for enterprise managed metadata,
- Ability to mark emails “as filed”;
- Sharing of email attachments as links from SharePoint;
- Colligo Console: ability to configure business email and SharePoint accounts, deploy a range of policies, user configurations and settings, as well as detailed user activity central management logs and dashboards, reporting and monitoring of device content for enterprise records management and governance.
The Colligo Email Manager for iOS app is currently in Beta testing with select customers. When released, the app will be available through Colligo and its partners as well as on the Apple app store.
Attached: Colligo Email Manager for iOS screenshot, Colligo Console email management dashboard
Colligo is a leading provider of mobile content management solutions for Microsoft SharePoint, Office 365 and OneDrive for Business. The company’s award-winning, unified suite is used by organizations every day for email management, document distribution and mobile collaboration. Colligo is a Microsoft Gold Application Development Partner with Global 500 customers including 4 of the top 5 global oil and gas companies, Microsoft, EDF Energy, Bayer and the US Department of Energy. The Colligo iOS app is consistently ranked as a Top 50 purchased iPad business app on the Apple App Store. For more information, please visit http://www.colligo.com.