As a result of the Affordable Care Act, individuals currently on COBRA can choose from a variety of plans on the Health Insurance Marketplace. Some of these individuals will even be eligible for subsidies to cover a substantial portion of their premium.
Bedford Park, IL (PRWEB) November 10, 2015
Under the Affordable Care Act open enrollment period, Individuals who are currently enrolled in COBRA can enroll in the health insurance Marketplace from November 1, 2015 until January 31, 2016. Individuals enrolling by 12/15/2016 may receive a 1/1/2016 Effective date. “This is important for people on Cobra due the fact that most health insurance policies reset back to zero on January first. Typically individuals on COBRA are experiencing claims, December 15th is a very important deadline to hit for those seeking a less expensive alternative," says Bill Hallberg Chief of Enrollment Officer at ACAenroll.com The Health Insurance Superstore.
Previously, individuals on their employer’s COBRA plan could only enroll on the Marketplace during Open Enrollment or when their COBRA expired. This new opportunity has the potential to help individuals and their beneficiaries on COBRA enroll in plans on the Marketplace that may be more affordable than COBRA. Under the traditional and often expensive COBRA option, individuals are responsible for paying 100% of the premium for their employer-sponsored coverage plus 2% for administrative costs.
As a result of the Affordable Care Act, individuals currently on COBRA can choose from a variety of plans on the Health Insurance Marketplace. Some of these individuals will even be eligible for subsidies to cover a substantial portion of their premium and can review plans and benefit options from a variety of insurance carriers.
The total cost of a Marketplace plan may end up costing significantly less than the traditional COBRA option.
The Marketplace option may seem overwhelming or confusing for some people who are unfamiliar with individual health insurance plans. ACA Marketplace Enrollment Solutions stands ready to assist consumers, employers, and COBRA Administrators so they can take advantage of this new Special Enrollment Period and help current COBRA beneficiaries find a new plan on the Health Insurance Marketplace.
How can ACA Marketplace Enrollment Solutions (ACAMES) help current COBRA beneficiaries and employers?
- ACAMES is a licensed, certified and multi-lingual national enrollment firm that specializes in Health Insurance Marketplace enrollment.
- ACAMES is not affiliated with any governmental agency. As a Health Insurance Marketplace enrollment provider, we are here to assist individuals and families secure health insurance. ACAMES is compensated by the insurance carrier and there is no cost to the potential customer or enrollee.
- ACAMES agents certified on the Marketplace possess extensive knowledge about the enrollment process. These certified agents can help calculate subsidies and explain how deductibles, out-of-pocket maximums and copayments work under The Affordable Care Act.
- ACAMES can also offer assistance at no cost to employers who are looking to educate their employees about the Marketplace options available to them when their employer-sponsored coverage ends.
- ACAMES represents national and regional health insurance carriers across the country that offer products both on and off the Health Insurance Marketplace. Visit our website at http://www.acaenroll.com or call us at (800) 342-0631 to get more information.
ACA Marketplace Enrollment Solutions (ACAenroll.com) is a national enrollment firm specializing in the Health Insurance Marketplace and the Senior Product Market. ACA Marketplace Enrollment Solutions is not affiliated with any governmental agency. We work with consumers to determine their subsidy eligibility, review benefits and plans that will meet their healthcare needs and get them enrolled for coverage. We offer opportunities for producers to have access to our carriers on a national level. Our Call Center is staffed with multi-lingual and licensed health insurance agents who also are certified on the exchange. The company’s website http://www.ACAenroll.com and our Call Center staff are available to assist enrollees through the entire enrollment process. Go to http://www.ACAenroll.com or contact 1-800-342-0631 for more information.