New Poll Released: Vast majority of Americans in favor of requiring immigrants and refugees entering the country to sign document swearing allegiance

Share Article

New O'Leary Report Poll Released: Vast majority of Americans in favor of requiring immigrants and refugees entering the country to sign document swearing allegiance to the U.S. Constitution and American principles of equality

"The total number of people who strongly agree with this statement is 44% of all Americans polled. An additional 26% somewhat agree with that statement, for a total of over 70% of respondents."

Brad O’Leary, publisher of TheOLearyReport.com and former NBC News Radio/Westwood One talk show host, is the author of the The United States Citizens’ Handbook and former feature writer for USA Today Weekend magazine. Brad comments on a recent poll by Zogny International regarding immigrants and refugees. Find Brad’s response below and on TheOLearyReport.com.

Zogny International completed a poll for The O'Leary Report on whether or not people coming to America to seek visas or refugee status should sign a document indicating that they accept the constitution of the United States of America and values that may not be in line with the values of their country of origin.

The question asked of 1,000 voters with a 3.2 margin of error was: “Do you agree or disagree that the following statement must be signed by all non-citizens attempting to enter the United States of America with a visa - including students, workers, visitors, businesspersons, or anyone anyone seeking refugee or immigration status: 'I agree that in return for entering the United States of America, I accept the Constitution of the United States as the law that I will abide by. I also agree not to support any organization that seeks to harm or destroy Christians, Jews, Atheists, or Muslims of a different faith. I agree to accept as equals gays or the LGBT community. I agree that women are equal to men, and approve of them driving a car, voting and taking any job they want. I further agree that any member of my family of legal age may choose to live anywhere they want.' ?”

The total number of people who strongly agree with this statement is 44% of all Americans polled. An additional 26% somewhat agree with that statement, for a total of over 70% of respondents. Only 10% strongly disagreed and 7% somewhat disagreed.

Respondents from the Republican, Democrats or Independent parties all strongly agree - Democrats agreeing by a margin of 78%, Republicans by 70%, and Independents by 60%. All respondents from religious affiliations identified as Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, or unaffiliated also scored in the 70's in their agreement that a traveler to this country should sign this statement.

For a copy of the cross-tabs, please contact Brad O'Leary at bseanoleary(at)aol(dot)com or call Brad O'Leary at 310-804-6957.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

bradley oleary
oleary report
+1 (310) 804-6957
Email >
Visit website