“Our new programs and specializations reflect the demands of the new work environment our students are experiencing."
San Diego, CA (PRWEB) November 11, 2015
Northcentral University (NCU), a global online graduate school, is launching three new programs and 27 new degree specializations, to meet student interest in emerging areas of study.
The three new NCU programs launched today are the Doctor of Philosophy in Organizational Leadership (PhD-OL) and the Master of Science in Organizational Leadership (MSOL), both from the School of Business and Technology Management (SBTM), and the Doctorate of Marriage & Family Therapy (DMFT) in the School of Marriage and Family Sciences (SMFS).
The PhD-OL degree program is a challenging, in-depth study of leadership with broad application across industries, allowing students to examine leadership in a multitude of dimensions, while the MSOL program provides an intense examination of the current state of leadership within a given profession. The DMFT doctoral program is designed to provide master’s-level clinicians with skills in program development, program evaluation, grant writing, clinical practice, clinical supervision, and applied research. All three new degree programs are 100 percent online with no residency requirements.
Within a given program, NCU offers a variety of specializations to meet constantly evolving demands from industry professionals. The 27 new program specializations are spread across NCU’s Schools and represent emerging fields such as a Nursing Education specialization in the Doctor of Education (EdD) program, an LGBTQ Couple and Family Therapy specialization in the Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy (MAMFT) program and the Small Business Development and Entrepreneurship specialization in the Doctor of Marriage & Family Therapy (DMFT) program.
“Our new programs and specializations reflect the demands of the new work environment our students are experiencing. These were developed by NCU with the insights of our professors, all of whom hold doctoral degrees, and have expertise in these new programs and specializations,” said Dr. Ted Mikell, NCU’s Director of Curriculum Development. “The students who come to us are professionals in specialized fields and know exactly what they need and want to excel in the workplace.”
NCU’s new specializations launched today by degree include:
- Doctor of Education (EdD): Nursing Education
- Master of Science in Organizational Leadership (MSOL): Criminal Justice, Health Care Administration, Human Resources Management, Nonprofit Management, Project Management, and Public Administration
- Master in Business Administration (MBA): Building Creativity, Change and Innovation, Corporate Social Responsibility, Performance Improvement, and Strategic Management
- Doctor of Marriage & Family Therapy (DMFT): Couple Therapy, Child and Adolescent Therapy, General Family Therapy, Medical Family Therapy, Therapy with Military Families, Mental Health Administration, and Small Business Development and Entrepreneurship
- Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy (MAMFT): Child and Adolescent Family Therapy, Couple Therapy, LGBTQ Couple and Family Therapy, Medical Family Therapy, and Military Family Therapy
- PhD in Psychology (PhD-PSY): Addictions, Gerontology, and Trauma and Disaster Relief
NCU offers weekly course starts and students may begin applying to the three new degree programs and specializations effective today. For further information, visit http://www.ncu.edu, or call 866-776-0331.
About Northcentral University
Founded in 1996, Northcentral University is a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university serving professionals globally. Northcentral University offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business and technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy. Without physical residency requirements, courses are taught one-to-one by an NCU professor, all of whom have doctoral degrees. Northcentral University is regionally accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WASC), http://www.wascsenior.org. For more information, visit http://www.ncu.edu/ or call (888) 628-2078. For program disclosures, please visit http://www.ncu.edu/program-disclosures.