Tampa, FL (PRWEB) November 11, 2015
International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE) announced the recipients of the 2015 International Honor Awards at the society’s Annual Meeting in Philadelphia, PA. Distinguishing awardees for their exceptional contributions to ISPE and the pharmaceutical industry, ISPE President and CEO John Bournas presented the awards on behalf of the ISPE Board of Directors.
The 2015 award winners are:
- George P. Millili, PhD of Genetech (A Member of the Roche Group) was presented the Joseph X. Phillips Professional Achievement Award in recognition of his significant contribution to the pharmaceutical industry as a whole. This award is named in honor of Joe Phillips – a leader in establishing ISPE as an “integrator” of industry and regulators both during his years of service with the FDA and later when he became ISPE International Regulatory Affairs Advisor.
- Alan S. Levy of Mace North America was awarded the Max Seales Yonker Member of the Year Award, which honors a member who has had a substantial impact within ISPE over the past 12 months. It is named in honor of a dynamic woman who contributed to the Society in many different ways and served as a source of inspiration during her battle with cancer.
- Novartis was named Company of the Year recognizing the company’s outstanding support as reflected in commitment to the mission of the organization as well as through company employees’ active participation in the ISPE committees, councils, task teams, COPs, programs and activities.
- The ISPE Quality Metrics Core Team was named the Committee of the Year. The committee has been led by Current Chair Mairead M. Goetz of Novartis and Former Chair Diane O. Hagerty of Genetech (A Member of the Roche Group). Committee members include Nuala F. Calnan, PhD, Laura Cannon, Michael G. Davidson, Betsy P. Fritschel, Steve Greer, Steven Lynn, Lorraine E. McClain, Matthew Pearson, Christopher Potter, PhD, Peggy Speight, Lorraine K. Thompson, Paul J. Weninger, and Bryan Winship.
- The ISPE Affiliate and Chapter Excellence Awards were presented to the Italy Affiliate, the Delaware Valley Chapter, and the New Jersey Chapter. These chapters and affiliates were honored for their outstanding dedication and commitment to ISPE.
- Luca Falce was awarded the Roger F. Sherwood Article of the Year Award for his article, “Risk Analysis and Annual Training Program Definition,” published in the January/February 2015 issue of Pharmaceutical Engineering Magazine.
- Neeraja Ravi of the University of California, San Diego was named winner of the Undergraduate Student Poster Competition
- Sydney Shaw of Northeastern University was named winner of the Graduate Student Poster Competition
To view the complete list of awards presented at the 2015 ISPE Annual Meeting and learn more about these leaders, please visit http://www.ISPE.org/member-awards.
ISPE, the International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering, is the world’s largest not-for-profit association serving its Members through leading scientific, technical and regulatory advancement throughout the pharmaceutical lifecycle. The 20,000 Members of ISPE are building solutions in the development and manufacture of safe and effective pharmaceutical and biologic medicines and medical delivery devices in more than 90 countries around the world. Founded in 1980, ISPE has headquarter offices in Tampa, Florida and Bethesda, Maryland USA. Visit: http://www.ISPE.org for more information.
For more information contact:
Senior Director, Marketing Communications, ISPE
Tel: +1-813-960-2105, ext. 404