I’m thrilled to see Salter develop products just for babies and children that address their special needs; their products have softer and safer materials, a comfortable fit, and help promote effective and compassionate care"
Dallas, TX; Tampa, FL (PRWEB) November 13, 2015
Salter Labs announced the launch of a portfolio of medical products designed just for babies at the 2015 National Association of Neonatal Nurses meeting and the 2015 American Association for Respiratory Care meeting.
"Babies in the NICU and in children’s hospitals deserve products made just for them. I’m thrilled to see Salter develop products just for babies and children that address their special needs; their products have softer and safer materials, a comfortable fit, and help promote effective and compassionate care,” said Michelle Waddell, RN, BS, RNC-NIC, Neonatal Clinical Consultant.
Salter is offering the following products designed to provide the best performance for babies and those who care for them in NICUs and Children's Hospitals:
- Innovative neonatal nasal CPAP and oxygen securement devices that protect neonates’ skin and enhance the seal created by CPAP cannulas
- Endotracheal tubes with polyurethane thin cuffs and flexible tips for easier intubation that lessen the chance of airway trauma
- Divided capnography cannulas with sizes to fit infants and children of all ages
- High-performance aerosol nebulizers that may reduce treatment time and hospital admissions1,2
- Aerosol masks for inhaler therapy designed based on laser-mapping of babies’ faces for a better, softer fit3
Salter is committed to leading the market with comfortable effective products that improve the respiratory care of infants and children. In 2015 Salter acquired neonatal securement product manufacturer Beevers Medical Solutions (BMS). Kate and Tim Beevers started BMS to help as many babies as possible. “Salter is the partner to bring our Cannulaide and other securement products to more NICU babies in the US and worldwide. They put patients first and will help neonates everywhere get the best possible care,” shared Kate Beevers, President of Beevers Medical Solutions. Salter is also pleased to announce the receipt of 510(k) clearance from the FDA for the CPAP Cannulaide Securement Device, the only device cleared by the FDA to enhance the CPAP seal in neonatal nasal CPAP therapy.
About Salter Labs
Salter Labs is a leading global manufacturer of single-use medical devices for respiratory and anesthesia care use in hospitals and homes. The company is known for delivering comfort and performance for patients and clinicians. Current leading products in include 1600-series oxygen cannulas for home oxygen delivery, capnography cannulas for monitoring during sedation, and NebuTech high-density nebulizers for delivering aerosol medication. The company is building a new future and expanding its range of products focusing on superior patient care, reliable outcomes, and innovative new products for respiratory and anesthesia. Today, nearly 1,000 employees dedicate themselves to helping patients worldwide breathe freely.
1. Myers TR, Chatburn R, Rogers M, Camasso-Richardson K, Kerscmar C. Does Nebulizer Brand Make a Difference in the Emergency Room Management of Pediatric Asthma? (abstract). Respir Care, 1999;44(10):1278.
2. Rish J, Timmons I. Comparison of the Efficacy of Two Nebulizers in Treating Acute Exacerbation of COPD in the Emergency Department. Respiratory Therapy, 2013;8(6):20.
3. Amirav I, Luder AS, Halamish A, et al. Design of aerosol face masks for children using computerized 3D face analysis. J Aero Med Pulmonol Drug Deliv. 2014;27(4):272-278.