“These awards highlight and commend creative individuals, projects, and future stewards of higher education who demonstrate originality and excellence in programming and outcomes,” said Tony Friscia, president and CEO of Eduventures.
Boston, Massachusetts (PRWEB) November 20, 2015
Eduventures, Inc., the leading research and advisory firm that is focused exclusively on analyzing the forces that are transforming higher education, today announced the winners of the 2015 Innovation Award. The Eduventures Innovation Awards program was created to recognize and showcase the achievements of individuals and organizations that share Eduventures vision for generating improved outcomes through innovative programming that supports critical areas of an institution. Selected by a jury of higher education leaders and advisors, Eduventures celebrated Award winners and honorable mentions at the President’s Dinner and Awards Ceremony that took place during Eduventures Summit in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The 2015 winners include the following institutions:
- Indiana University at Bloomington for their submission, “New Strategies for Engaging Underrepresented and Special Populations to Increase Enrollment, Persistence and Success.”
- Marist College with the Apereo Foundation for their submission, “Open Learning Analytics, a Strategic Imperative.”
- University of Arizona for their submission, “Strengthening our Enrollment Loop by Reimagining Commencement"
- Capella University for their submission, “On Demand Reporting for Student Learning Outcomes.”
Award winners were announced by Dr. Kenneth E. Hartman, vice president and Senior Fellow at Eduventures. Institutions who received honorable mention include: Cornell University, Helena College at the University of Montana, Johns Hopkins University, Kaplan Inc., University of Florida, University of Kansas and the University of Wisconsin.
“These awards highlight and commend creative individuals, projects, and future stewards of higher education who demonstrate originality and excellence in programming and outcomes,” said Tony Friscia, president and CEO of Eduventures. “Congratulations to all the Innovation Award winners – institutions that have gone the extra mile to contribute to the advancements and milestones that are moving the needle.”
About the Innovation Award Program
Eduventures Innovation Awards program is designed to identify and honor higher education institutions that have demonstrated significant innovations when developing and deploying programs in each of these categories:
- A successful enrollment management strategy in a fast-changing environment. How have you positioned your institution to attract students in a world of rapidly changing demographics.
- Creative Use of Technology to Boost Student Success
- A compelling story about successfully defining and reporting outcomes
- A successful fundraising initiative that is built on a tech-based approach like crowdsourcing or that leverages social media
Judges select winners from written applications and, if needed, follow-up interviews. Entries are scored on value to the institution, innovation, and relevance to the mission of the school and are announced in conjunction with Eduventures Annual Summit.
Eduventures is the leading research and advisory firm that is focused exclusively on analyzing the forces that are transforming higher education. Building on twenty years of success in working with education leaders, Eduventures provides forward-looking and actionable research based on proprietary market data, and advisory services that support both strategic and operational decision-making. Our recommendations and personalized support enable clients to understand the top traits of leaders in critical disciplines and to evaluate the opportunities presented by new technologies. For more information about Eduventures research, practice areas, and team, visit us at http://www.eduventures.com.