Honor brings a hyper-localized home-care solution to the many neighborhoods that comprise Los Angeles – and we hope it will represent a true sea change for thousands of families and their loved ones. Honor CEO Seth Sternberg
Los Angeles, Calif. (PRWEB) November 16, 2015
Honor™—the new home-care solution that helps older adults live and thrive in their own homes with comfort, joy and grace as they age—has arrived in Los Angeles. Named after the respect and love millions of adult children feel for their aging parents, Honor officially launches today in Los Angeles during November’s National Family Caregivers Month. Honor introduces a superior level of service to thousands of local families by combining the best care professionals with smart, easy-to-use app technology that makes it fast and easy to schedule and manage home care.
National Family Caregivers Month is designed to recognize and “honor” the nation’s more than 44 million tireless, hardworking caregivers, many who care for aging, homebound Americans. Anyone who has cared for an older loved one knows that the emotional, physical and financial cost of caregiving on the national, state and community level is significant. This is where Honor comes in.
Inspired by their own personal family stories and experiences, the co-founders of Honor recognized a gap in the care market for aging Americans – a market fraught with fraud, inefficiencies, and lack of visibility. Honor has set out to change the way that families approach and manage in-home support for those they love. Borne from some of the best and most creative minds in Silicon Valley, the company has been launched and incubated by CEO and Co-Founder Seth Sternberg, of Meebo and Google fame, along with a team of A-list innovators, notables, and elected leaders including famed investor Marc Andreessen, Senator Bob Kerrey, Jessica Alba, Cash Warren, Jeremy Stoppelman (CEO of Yelp), Ron Johnson (creator of Apple Stores), and Max Levchin (Co-Founder of PayPal). Together, they have built a more care-centric and visionary solution – infused with technological tools and greater efficiency throughout every aspect of the company’s offering to help families struggling to provide the right level of care for their seniors. While Honor is based on a very comprehensive service model, the customer experience it offers is a breath of fresh air for users – more simplified and convenient to access than anything on the market today.
How is Honor Different?
Before Honor, the home-care market has been notoriously riddled with cost and logistical inefficiencies. Honor is re-envisioning the process, fully bringing it once and for all into the digital era through the use of customized app technology that modernizes the home-care experience to better serve the needs of Honor’s three core constituencies: those who need care, the Honor Care Professionals, and the family caregivers. Because Honor is designed to be Faster, Safer, and More Secure and to provide more visibility to all than any other home care service in the market, it has already created a strong impact with its initial rollout in the San Francisco Bay Area. Here’s why:
● The speed and quality of service: Honor helps families who need home care find the best, experienced care professionals quickly and easily—and ensure that the Care Pros are on time.
● Superior quality of Honor Care Pros: Honor’s Care Professionals are rigorously vetted (including thorough background checks, screenings and in-person interviews) and matched to the needs of each family to deliver the very highest quality care. Only the top 5% of applicants are accepted.
● Sophisticated technology tools and protocols assure more effective care: Honor’s thorough pre-screening of Care Pros, combined with an in-person assessment of a client’s needs, saves the family caregiver time, reduces stress, and enhances the overall superiority of care.
● More visibility for all: Every Honor Care Pro shares a detailed summary at the end of each care visit via the Honor Family App™ – a signature offering of the Honor service that shares real-time information so families can monitor care from anywhere.
● A dedicated app developed exclusively for Honor Care Pros: The Honor Care Pro App™ gives the care professionals real-time information about their clients (along with a bio and unique characteristics profile for each individual they’re caring for), enables record keeping, and provides the ability to leave an information trail that can be referred to on their next visit or shared with other caregivers and medical professionals – all with the aim of assuring a more detailed level of care.
● Greater flexibility: Honor offers flexible scheduling and pricing that varies with each family’s needs, from a single hour of help to around-the clock care. No multi-hour minimums—so those who need just a single hour of care don’t have to purchase more.
● 24-Hour on-call support: For interested families, 24/7 on-call support will be available as an option when needed.
● Replacement care pros available: If an Honor Care Pro is unable to make it to an appointment, due to illness or other emergencies, Honor back-fills the appointment with the most closely-matched available caregiver. This helps ensure that the customer has access to the care they need despite life’s unforeseen events.
● Better opportunities for care professionals/better value for clients: Honor respects Care Pros —by offering hourly rates that are above industry standard, giving them control over their schedules, and providing a tech tool that lets them schedule and manage their clients more efficiently so they can perform better. The result: happier, more qualified practitioners who are regularly engaged with family members.
● No deposit or long-term contract is required: With Honor, it’s that easy!
“When we talk about America’s aging population doubling over the next decade, we’re not just talking about statistics,” explained Seth Sternberg, Honor CEO and Co-Founder. “We’re talking about our parents, grandparents, and even our spouses, and the vast majority will prefer to live with honor and dignity in their own homes. Honor provides a better way to vet and deploy qualified care practitioners. We also utilize more efficient protocols so clients can track and monitor care logistics to ensure that our older family members maintain the happy, independent lifestyle they love and deserve.”
As part of Honor’s Los Angeles market launch, older local area residents will also benefit from $100,000 in support as part of Honor’s $1 million pledge at the White House earlier this year in conjunction with the White House Conference on Aging (WHCOA). The company has proudly promised $1 million in free care across 10 cities in the United States, including Los Angeles, and will be working with established care-providing organizations in those communities to ensure this care goes to helping aging Americans.
Having already successfully launched in San Francisco, Honor chose Los Angeles as its next destination for the full rollout of its service because the company recognized the “care gap” within the local market – a region where residents over age 65 will comprise 36% of the greater community by 2030. Adds Sternberg: “This mission is very personal and it matters deeply to this community. Honor brings a hyper-localized offering to the many neighborhoods that comprise Los Angeles – and we hope the availability of more qualified, accountable support through our service will represent a true sea change for thousands of families and their loved ones.”
For more information, please visit http://www.JoinHonor.com. Honor: Love Them Back™