“We recognize that fleet drivers’ safety involves more than just traffic hazards,” says Brian Kinniry, CEI’s Senior Director of DriverCare Safety Services. “It involves all the conditions they face in their extended workplace.”
Trevose, PA (PRWEB) November 17, 2015
The CEI Group, Inc. (CEI), a fleet driver management company, has added a new online fleet driver safety training lesson, “Maintaining Your Personal Safety,” to its DriverCare™ application. Its focus is on how drivers can avoid and protect themselves from criminal attacks both on the road and as pedestrians after they arrive at their destinations outside the office.
“We’ve created this module because we recognize that fleet drivers’ safety involves more than just traffic hazards,” says Brian Kinniry, CEI’s Senior Director of DriverCare Safety Services. “It involves all the conditions they face in their extended workplace.”
The module covers four safety topics:
- Awareness of the driver’s surroundings when out of the vehicle;
- Keeping valuables out of sight
- How to avoid being a victim
- How to respond to a confrontation.
Among the tips the lesson offers are:
- If you’re visiting a potentially unsafe area, program your phone with the local police number , let co-workers know where you’re going and when you’re scheduled to leave.
- Plan to visit risky areas in daylight, and park as close as possible to the building.
- On foot, avoid distractions like talking on your phone or listening to music.
- Never leave your keys in your car and doors unlocked when stopping a service station or store.
- Don’t leave valuables visible inside your vehicle.
“You may think the information in this video is common sense, and in some ways that’s exactly what it is,” Mr. Kinniry says in the video. “The key is, in the hustle and bustle of doing your job that you never forget it.”
The seven-minute module includes a quiz drivers must complete to receive credit for the lesson.
CEI provides technology-enhanced fleet vehicle accident, driver safety and risk management services. Its provider network consists of some 4,000 collision repair shops in North America, and includes nearly 1,000 truck collision repair centers. Its customers include self-insured, commercial, and institutional and government fleets, directly and through alliances with fleet leasing companies. CEI also provides vehicle direct repair program outsourcing to leading property and casualty insurance companies.
Founded in 1983, CEI has headquarters near Philadelphia, PA, and field sales offices in Trevose, PA, Tulsa, OK, Atlanta, GA, and Minneapolis, MN. In 2000, CEI launched its DriverCare™ solution, which includes telematics-integrated fleet risk management; MVR ordering and compliance, on-line and behind-the-wheel driver safety training; and a safety newsletter. For more information about CEI, please visit ceinetwork.com.